Tuesday, October 1, 2013

30 Day Blog Post Challenge: Day 1

I've decided that October is blogging month. I've recently found myself picking up my hobbies again and so it's time for some blogspiration. I was going to post my list of challenge prompts... but then I decided I didn't want to be held accountable to the prompts.

I am loosely following a list though. I was going to type up my own list but I'm just going to run down this one and change them if I decide I don't like the one that is written for the day. Such a rebel, I know.

So here goes: Day One -  Write some basic things about yourself.

1. I have blond hair and blue eyes.

2. I love beverages. I could drink myself through the day between coffee (still decaf), tea, tea lattes, homemade chai tea, decaf espresso lattes, green juices, fresh fruit juices, cider, milk kefir, raw milk, kombucha with chia seeds, sparkling lemonade and (my most recent addiction - thanks Julie) LaCroix sparking water (I started with lemon to make sparkling lemonade, but then I found orange and I fell in love. I also tried berry and it tastes like cleaner to me. I haven't been brave enough to try any other flavors after being burned by berry). Oh ya, and plain old filtered water. And very occasionally, wine (which pretty much had gotten the boot between pregnancy and nursing). There really aren't enough hours in the day to drink all the things I love. Sometimes I crack open a refreshing Orange LaCroix and start making a cup of tea... oops. They both sounded good at the same time.

Homemade chai... so delicious. I wasn't a chai fan until I made it myself and could tweak it.
Why would I make it if I wasn't a fan? Good question. Because my mom is a fan and I found a recipe.
The recipe called for cardamom pods, which, as it turns out, are very hard to find. I found some in Israel...
so then I really had to make it. And now I love it. It's the perfect Fall beverage because it has all those great
Fall spices, like apple cider, but has significantly less sugar (or none) and therefore doesn't give me a headache.
And now you have the world's longest caption. the end.

3. I have gotten into horrible sleeping habits. It's a viscous cycle. I stay up late, I sleep in later, I stay up later, I sleep in even later. It doesn't help that I have an infant because she sleeps nearly straight from ll pm to 11 am (for now.. I hear these things can change). So even if I stay up until 2:00 AM writing a blog post, I can still get plenty of sleep since after the 5:30 feeding I just pull her into bed with me (Blake is up about then). We both barely wake up for feedings. I really need to change this, but I know I need to make it happen on my own.

4. My favorite color is blue.

5. My favorite part of the day is when EJ wakes up. She stretches or scrunches and then the moment she catches your eyes she lights up with a smile that penetrates to your soul. Man I love her. It's like Groundhogs Day (the movie) but better because this happens several times a day :).

6. I have two brothers and two sister-in-laws - one is my brother's wife and one is my husband's sister.

7. I don't have any pets and I'm pretty happy about that.

8. I like even numbers.

Now it's time for bed!

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen orange La Croix! Sounds delicious. Crab raspberry was not a favorite of mine either...I like peach-pear and lime the best. Coconut is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!