This post is really just about one book, and also an excuse to play around with some backlighting. My fabulous cousin Macey, a.k.a. EJ's Auntie Macey (who also really loves books), sent us a little book called
Otis.
First of all, it is a super cute book. And it is special because it's from Auntie Macey. But what really melts my heart, is that it's about a tractor and Macey sent it to us because it reminds her of my dad (who is a tractor expert). I will forever have a soft spot in my heart for my daddy and I will love sharing this book with EJ.
As I was feeling all warm and fuzzy from my sweet cousin's gift and thoughts about my dad and what a great grandpa he is... I decided to have a little photoshoot. I'd been wanting to play around with backlighting with some sheer curtains I purchased recently for our monthly photoshoots. I'm also a sucker for some momma-daughter pictures and EJ seemed cooperative. And since my cousin is a photographer, I figured she wouldn't mind a post in her honor that combined both :).
 |
| She loves looking at pictures and had just started trying to grab what's on the page. |
 |
| I love how she is holding her hands :) |
 |
| Just cause she's cute |
 |
| and just cause I love her :) |
Thanks Auntie Macey!!
You did really well with backlighting- I'm terrible, as discussed endlessly on my blog. :) Also... I see baby ROLLS! :-)
ReplyDelete-Lisa
Oh! And I'm going to go back right now and respond to your response on my Auvi Q post. Sorry it took so long. I am telling you here because I feel like if it were me I would forget to go back and check. I wish blogger would notify of follow up comments...
Hmmm, I commented already but it didn't seem to post, so I apologize if this is a duplicate.
ReplyDeleteI'm so in love with this post - and not just because I'm mentioned ;) I'm very excited that you like the book! It's always been one of my favorites. And you did a FABULOUS job with the backlighting! It's a tough technique to manage. Can't wait to see you all this weekend!!