We feel very blessed to have had the opportunity do to some traveling while we both worked and before starting our family. Here are the top five places we've been (in chronological order) with a bonus picture of the place I went to without Blake.
| 1. Venice for our first anniversary |
| 2. Greece, leg two of our first anniversary. This was in Santorini |
| 3. Sydney, Australia and the South coast of New South Wales for our second anniversary |
| 4. Rome, Italy for a late third anniversary trip. |
| 5. Israel. This is on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. |
I'll be honest, I miss traveling. It is weird to not have plans for our next trip and to pass by the travel section at the library. We're still getting adjusted to one income and enjoying our current trip down the road of parenthood. One day.. we'll travel again ;). And here's our list of places we'd like to go (in no particular order):
1. Ireland
2. France
3. England
4. Norway
5. Africa
This reminds me- I need to pick your brain for traveling tips. Dave and I are going to go to Europe (including Italy- Rome, in fact!) in April and I have no idea how to plan such a trip other than at some point I'd better buy plane tickets. Maybe I'll think of some concrete questions and email you :)
ReplyDelete-Lisa
Fun!! How exciting! Please do email with any questions!! Yes, plane tickets are a good start ;) and then hotels.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite travel books are Rick Steve's and Eye Witness Travel Top Ten (I'd be happy to loan you our Top Ten books for the Italian cities that we have, if you'd like).
Rick Steves gives great tips for how to plan your days in each city depending on how many days you have and he always has the best tips for when to go to which places and how to avoid lines etc. I have a couple of his books too but they're on the kindle.
The Top Ten books are just easy to carry around (nice maps) and I like the way they are organized!
I'm sure this is information overload now but my 'must-sees' for Rome are the Underground Tour of the Colosseum (if you haven't already) and the Borghese Gallery if you like art at all.
Ironically, I just bought Rick Steve's Italy today... so good choice for me :) Here is our plan so far: fly into Paris, stay maybe 2-3 days, take train to Rome, stay 2-3 days, go to the Cinque Terre, stay maybe 5ish days depending on how much time we have, go to Milan for a day-ish and fly back home from there.
ReplyDeleteI'm starting to formulate questions regarding finding places to stay, and yeah, I love the Rick Steves book so far!! Except he advocates not making reservations in advance and finding the best price once you get to Cinque Terre, which is freaking me out a bit. I'm not sure I can be that free?
-Lisa
PS I see no box about follow up comments?! I really want it, I would have seen these comments sooner :)