Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 19: Places I've Lived


Also, an account of how many times I've moved
  1. Yacolt, Wa. I lived in the house that my parents built until I was 11. In fact, my mom went into labor when my dad was doing the insulation.
  2. Pine Haven, Wy. We moved for about four months when I was in 4th grade.
  3. Yacolt, Wa. Back to our house for the rest of 4th grade and most of 5th grade.
  4. Longview, Wa. My family moved to a rental house in Longview while we built our new house.
  5. Buhl, Idaho. I went to live with my aunt, uncle and cousins in Idaho for the rest of 5th grade and some of summer.
  6. Rose Valley (Kelso), Wa. We moved into our new house.
  7. Bellingham, Wa. I moved into the Alpha dorm at Western Washington University.
  8. Kelso, Wa. Back home for the summer.
  9. Bellingham, Wa. Back to Alpha dorm for my second year of college.
  10. Kelso, Wa. Back home for the summer
  11. Bellingham, Wa. My third and final year I lived in a house called The Mansion, with 9 or 10 other women.
  12. Oakesdale, Wa. I moved in with a girl from The Mansion. Her family had a wheat farm and I was planning on going to school in Spokane after my year off.
  13. Spokane Valley, Wa. I moved in with a girl from work towards the end of my year off and through part of my first (summer) semester of grad school.
  14. Spokane, Wa. I lived in an apartment on the South Hill. Ironically, I found my roommate online and she was the best roommate I've ever had. She was going to grad school on my same campus and getting her degree in physical therapy.
  15. Bainbridge Island, Wa. I did my internships in Bainbridge (schools) and Silverdale/Bremerton (hospital). I lived with my gracious aunt and uncle through my internships and until the end of the summer.
  16. Mercer Island, Wa. My first apartment. Oh how I loved that place.
  17. Kelso, Wa. I moved home for the month before our wedding.
  18. Kennewick, Wa. Our first home together, I moved in after our honeymoon. It was the perfect first home/apartment to start our marriage in.
  19. Richland, Wa. Our current location. What a blessing it has been! I can't wait to see what God has in store for us next.
And there you have it. Oohh the places I've been!

3 comments:

  1. So, I lived in Alpha my second year at WWU, which would have been the 2002-2003 school year. Did we live there at the same time? Is that where we met? I apologize for not remembering properly. I thought we met doing NSSLHA stuff, but come to think of it, I recall Katie or Shae or someone not knowing who were and I knew, so maybe we did meet before. I'm terrible. :)
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has moved so many times that it is quite hilarious to listen to his family debate over the order and the houses. I have probably moved about the same amount as you. By the way, since my blogging has slowed to a trickle, I was thinking about borrowing your idea. :). Maybe then I would get more than PL and RT done in a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa... I'm terrible too I guess because I don't remember meeting you in Alpha! Maybe I recognized you from Alpha but I remember meeting you at NSSLHA too! I lived in Alpha 01-02 and 02-03, on the third floor both times and to be honest I don't think I could have identified most of the people who lived on the other floors!

    Julie - you should! It's been good. Sure there are days where I just post fluff to post something but I like that it has helped me make time to get more of my thoughts in writing.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!