Friday, October 18, 2013

Day 18: Addictions

Lately I find myself 'addicted' to a few things:


  1. Dark Chocolate with A Touch of Sea Salt by Lindt. There's a store in town that sells it for fifty cents less than other stores, but it's pretty far across town. So I allow myself to get five bars and that has to last until the next time I'm over there. Today another grocery store had them on sale for eighty-three cents cheaper and that meant I could get six for the usual price of five... but alas that store is also far away and I couldn't come up with a good excuse to get over there.
  2. Sparkling water, as mentioned in a previous post, I'm so in love with Orange LaCroix sparkling water, specifically. Which is kind of unfortunate because I haven't found a store that regularly stocks it. I only found it on special once when a store brought in more than usual and made an end of the isle display. I also like lemon, which is readily available, so I try to space the oranges out. Next time I am low I'm going to try peach-pear and maybe coconut!
  3. My daughter's cheeks! I can't get enough of those squishy little pillows of sweetness!
  4. Julie's Frozen Yogurt bars. They are organic, 120 calories and actually healthier than most fruit flavored yogurt (which, to be fair I don't usually eat. I'm a 50/50 vanilla/plain girl) when you consider grams of sugar. Costco used to sell them and Blake and I were both addicted to them. To be honest, I considered it a meal when I first had Emerson.. it was easy to eat and well, it was something in my stomach on days when it was hard to find time or energy to fix or eat anything. Now we have to pay standard retail so we only get them when they're on sale.
  5. Raw milk. I know {gasp}, the horror. It's so controversial but all I can say is I can drink it and I feel better when I do. I used to be varying degrees of lactose intolerant, but with raw milk, it's so full of probiotics that it helps me digest it, and most of the other things I eat. Which results in a happier GI tract in general. There's a grocery store here that sells it from a licensed local farm. You can only get it in 'whole' and the amount of cream at top varies, but again, it's worth it. Mmm.
  6. Big girl baths. I know it wastes a lot of water but I LOVE taking a big girl bath with Emerson. It's so fun to soak in the tub and watch her splash and smile. Before having her I could count on one hand the number of baths I'd taken since ... I was a kid I suppose. I usually start out with a little hot water and epsom salts and soak for a bit without her touching the water, then I dilute that with water that is more her temp and hopefully the epsom salts are diluted enough for her too. I've always wondered if it would be bad or good for her to soak in salts too but I'm not willing to try without finding out first. Ahh just thinking about it makes me want to take a bath tomorrow! I generally limit it to one per week, and usually save it for after our Wednesday morning hike. 

2 comments:

  1. I was unaware raw milk was controversial?! At least for adults, I had heard its rather controversial for kids... but really don't know anything about it, that was just a debate at the LLL meeting once :)
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure seems to be controversial. Some people act like it's laced with the Bubonic Plague. I suppose it is even more controversial about giving it to kids. Ha! At the last LLL meeting I was at giving kids water was the somewhat heated discussion! I'd hate to have seen them discuss raw milk ;)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!