Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tidbits

Tidbits are a fun 'blog' thing to do ;). No where else do you get to purge random thoughts that don't apply to a real conversation... except maybe to your husband.

1.) I have no idea what I'm making for dinner. This doesn't mean that I'm not sure what I should make.. it means I literally just put something in the oven and I have no idea what it is. My father in law gives us an abundance of meat. It's great because our freezer is well stocked and as long as we have a steady supply of electricity we're set on meat for a long time. That said.. they aren't always labeled.. and generally look very similar. Tonight's roast is either: elk, buffalo, venison, beef or possibly pork.. but it's a little more 'red meat' looking than that. We'll see when it comes out (maybe)!

2.) I have a love/hate relationship with the following things:
  • Spray 'N Wash - love what it does to stains, hate how it smells and feels.
  • My bangs - love how they look, hate how they are always laying wrong or in my eyes.
  • Shoes - love shoes for the fashion statement, hate actually having them on my feet and hate having to wear closed to shoes because of work.
  • My iPhone - love the convenience and instant knowledge, hate how dependant on it I am.
  • Making baby items - love how stinkin cute they are, hate how fast they grow out of it.
  • Growing lettuce - I love having fresh lettuce right in my kitchen (we have an Aerogarden), I hate that I end up wasting it because I don't use it fast enough!
Okay, I could probably go on, but those were the ones bugging me at present.

3.) I got a haircut today. It was so very super hard to find a new hair stylist. I loved the guy that did my hair in Seattle. I walked in, he had a cup of tea ready for me and we just talked while he did whatever he thought best with my hair.. which was always fantastic. So instead of trying new places, I just went without a haircut for 20 months! Yikes! I finally tried a new place in April, which turned out fine and I went back today for the second time. It's scary how wacky the hair stylist's hair is, well all of them that work there actually, yet they manage to cut my fairly plain-Jane layered hair style just fine.

4.) I'm okay with silence. Especially if I know you. My hair stylist today would. not. talk. It was really weird. A little too much silence, especially for a hair stylists. They usually talk your ear off (kind of like us SLPs)!

5.) I love British period piece movies/miniseries. Lately I've watched: Daniel Deronda, Anne of 1000 Days, Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice (my #1), The Young Victoria, Downton Abbey, Ladies in Lavender and Lady Jane. Currently, I'm watching Bleak House.

6.) I hate that I overuse certain punctuation marks, such as: the ellipse..., the exclamation mark!, the semi-colon parenthesis smile ;), and the 'half quote'. I hate this, but still do it because I feel like otherwise I can't get my intent out in text and people might take my sarcasm for seriousness and that might be offensive! (maybe this belongs in the love/hate section because I do also love punctuation).

Well, I'd better check on the mystery meat!

2 comments:

  1. Tidbits are great!! I really enjoy that you making mystery meat for dinner :) (I also overuse smiley faces)
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!