Sunday, June 12, 2011

Confessions

Cookie Confessions:

I make over three batches of cookies a month. I shape them into balls and freeze them.

I eat cookie dough out of the freezer at least once a night.

I eat about one cookie a month actually baked.

My husband loves chocolate chip cookies, preferably his mom's recipe to the T. Which includes mixing by hand, using shortening only, no butter, and imitation vanilla (He can actually taste the difference if I use a mixer... you know, like your supposed to).

I have been making cookies with half the shortening for over two months now and it has gone unnoticed. I also use real vanilla. Scandalous I know.

I love to bake, except chocolate chip cookies... so boring.
A double batch

Four dozen, ready for the freezer
We'll see how long this lasts...

Dinner Confessions:

I use my roasting pan more often for cheesecakes than I do for roasts.

I buy a store rotisserie chicken about three times a month. We eat it for dinner night one, and use the rest for up to two other meals.

If I was a really great homemaker I would ALWAYS make chicken stock from the carcass. Instead I do this maybe once a month.

It's not uncommon that I'll serve broccoli as many as three times a week. It's cheep, we buy it at Costco, and it's easy.

I insist on serving something green with every meal. If it isn't broccoli, it's probably canned green beans.

The chances of me following a recipe correctly are slim-to-none. Usually that's because I didn't read it all the way through, but sometimes because of my 'creative genius'.

I'm a super messy cook. My kitchen floor looks like eight people live here.

I usually pick the menu for dinner based on one ingredient and almost always during my drive home (I am trying to start planning weekly menus though).

I let my husband eat Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets because the breading has some whole wheat in it.

I make my husband elaborate lunches, weighing out the ingredients for caloric information and with well balanced snacks- all the night before. I make pb&j on my way out the door.

Cleaning Confessions:

I only vacuum when it looks like it needs it. My mom would be ashamed, she vacuums daily, dirt or no dirt (I do clean the kitchen floor more frequently).

I only dust when people are going to come over. It's the desert, dust blows in two seconds after you've removed it.

I use all non-toxic cleaners (my all-time favorite brand: method). Yet, we use bleach in the laundry.

My husband actually does the laundry, including line drying all the things that require it. I just hang it up.

I can't see our shower because I don't wear my glasses in there. So I presume it's clean enough until proven dirty.


Miscellaneous Confessions:

I do most of my Facebooking, emailing, etc. from my phone in bed between the hours of 11:00 pm and 12:00 am.

I always drag my sorry rear out of bed happily get up to see my husband off to work in the morning. I don't always stay up, since I set my own start time at work.

Sometimes I wake up and accomplish something noticeable just so I can have an excuse to take a mid-morning nap.

I am usually running late for my self determined work starting time.

I am always running late on days that I take a mid-morning nap.

I realize that when we have kids I'll have a rude awakening to real life. Half the time I try to make good habits now. The other half I try to enjoy this lifestyle while I can.

I probably finish about 3/5 projects within the 30 day period I started them.

3 comments:

  1. I am starting to think the blogging world is part of a conspiracy to ensure I do not lose any weight. Mmm those cookies look good and now I have a cookie craving. I liked the confessions.
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! I should have shared pictures of the broccoli ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned a lot about you! I hate vacuuming too but am forced to do it more frequently now that I have kids (still probably not enough). I would not be able to handle the cookie dough in the freezer...way too tempting!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!