Sunday was just as gorgeous as the day before. We had saved some of our favorite things for the last day. We love to start one of our mornings off with a visit to the Cottage Bakery for a delcious diabetic coma.
 |
Doughnuts and the most delicious
cream cheese cinnamon roll. |
After our sugar intake for the day, we went to our favorite bookstore/coffee shop:
Adelaide's Books and Coffee. This is the cutest shop (I also romanticise bookstores btw). I just love the atmosphere of the old but restored building and the service and coffee are the best. The bookstore gal is finally starting to remember us :). Last time we asked her if she could try to find a wild game cookbook worth purchasing. We said that we'd look for some titles and she'd look for some titles. Well, we both looked and were disappointed with the selections out there. She is encouraging me to write my own wild game cookbook.. and I am thinking that it might be a fun project... someday! I'll add it to the
list.
So with cookbook writing on my mind, I didn't see any cookbooks in her selection that were tempting enough. I am still working my way through the one we purchased on our
last trip. Instead, I picked out this book that had caught my eye several times before:
This book is certainly introductory level on the idea of small farming. I just really liked the concept and thought I'd read it to get ideas for when we are ready to own a home. I love how the editor gives examples of what you can do with one-tenth of an acre, a quarter acre and a half acre. What a fun dream!
 |
| The quarter acre layout |
After the bookstore, we went back to the cabin to clean, pack and close up shop. There is a very detailed procedure/list for closing down the cabin, and we like to keep our perfect track record.
 |
| Blake reading outside while I was showering. |
 |
The neighbor's house has beautiful flower beds!
The entire house is beautiful, but these flowers
were too tempting not to photograph. |
On the road again. After a fantastic, relaxing and gorgeous weekend. We started the five hour trip home, with stops in Astoria for their Sunday Farmer's Market (yes that's three in one weekend) and at both of our parents houses.
What a blessed life. Thanks Jesus for these memories!
Looks like a really wonderful weekend away!! Must admit I'm a bit jealous of your beach time, even if you were not impressed. Maybe it's growing up so far inland but I LOVE the beach.
ReplyDeleteMaybe it is my growing up near the ocean that makes me take the beach for granted. I should be more appreciative of it! Probably has to do with Washington beaches, I like the beach a little more when I'm on vacation. I think I'd still take a lake over a beach though. Hmm.
ReplyDeleteI just caught up on all your posts but will comment on this one! Sounds fun!! I think you got all the good Washington Coast weather, it was all used up by Monday / Tuesday! I'm glad you had such a fun weekend, your pictures are cute and I like your romanticizing of things :) Hmmm. I think I had another thought as I was reading through but I am now very tired so maybe later :)
ReplyDelete-Lisa
Oh. And I like the beach but don't think it's romantic at all. Cause yeah. Snot and wind and frizzy hair and all that.