What a weekend! I've broken this into three posts, Long Beach Birthday 2011 (LBB '11) one for each day. Here is Friday:
The weekend started with Friday being really busy, partly by choice. We had my cousins, Macey and Danielle, and their friend stay the night Thursday and saw them off Friday morning. They were headed to Seattle to run a marathon! After our guests were on their way, Blake and I went to the Richland Farmer's Market. I stocked up on my favorite granola, got some cherries for a road snack and we picked up some other produce. We also grabbed lunch and headed home so that I could be ready for my phone interview. The interview went fine, pretty generic and kind of anti-climactic. I have an in-person interview on Thursday.
Finally, we are on the road! It was a gorgeous drive through the gorge and we had a nice conversation.
We got into Astoria and wanted to grab a bite to eat and a drink. We decided to go to Rogue because we like their beverages and enjoyed the pub in downtown Portland. The pub in Astoria is in a really cool old cannery building. It was a little scary getting there because the signs telling us where to go lead us to this bridge (pictured below), which really didn't seem safe for driving on! We made it, both a little white knuckled! Once we made it over we had a wonderful time relaxing after our five hour drive and settling into weekend mode.
| Scary bridge. |
| What a gorgeous night! In the background we heard seals or sea lions saying goodnight ;) |
| Lots of character in this old building. |
| Our 'happy to be on a weekend getaway' faces. |
: : :
No comments:
Post a Comment
What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!