Monday, June 13, 2011

Photo Tidbits

Today I got my first library card as an adult! We didn't live inside city limits for most of my youth, and because of that we couldn't use the library for free. Sadly, it took me over a year of living here to get around to registering. I really want to start reading more, so I thought maybe this was a good start.
I chose green, but was really tempted by blue ;)
The first book I checked out. I have two others on hold: bread books!


A fun foodie project: Bible study treats from last Tuesday. It was a fantastic way to use fresh cherries and still enjoy them fresh. I'd definitely recommend it! I got the idea from this recipe.
Pitted, thus the holes.

Some rolled in toasted coconut, some plain, some rolled in toasted sliced almonds.

Mutant cherries, four sets in one bag!
 A few pictures from my drive:
One of my favorite views. I love this little pond, usually full of ducks.

From the road (I did pull over to take the pictures).
This weekend we grilled a 17.7lb prime rib. It took four hours of cooking and 45 minutes of resting. It turned out perfectly! Our friends, the Dunbars, had us and our Bible study friends over to their house. Blake and I were the primary 'chefs' which was really fun!
The beast, all rubbed and seasoned up, ready for the grill.

It was so ridiculously delicious! An incredible sight to behold... even better to eat.
A lively game of bocce ball after dinner.
Last but not least, a few work shots. I helped take some pictures today for the newsletter, so I thought I'd share a few. Our rehab team is always changing the only constants are myself, our OT and our PTA (not pictured).
Me, Tom/PT, Kim/OT, Scott/COTA and the Let 'R Buck logo. Cause we're in Pendleton ;)

This is our goat Gertie. She lives in the nursing home's back yard.

This is her home. She comes in to visit the residents frequently. She wears a diaper and has on her pink collar and leash.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the tidbits! And the goat. And those cherries look tasty indeed.
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum on the cherries - drooling! Congrats on the library card!! And the goat in a diaper cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!