Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Toasty Tidbits

I am only doing so-so on my summer goals, here's the scoop, tidbits style (in no particular order and toasty because it's summer and it's HOT).

1. Packing has been all-consuming and not as productive as I'd like. The house is in all stages of dishevelment and I feel like everything needs to be sorted through before being shoved in a box.. but there really isn't time, motivation or energy to do all of the sorting. We get to start moving things in this weekend (just into the garage) and begin the official move-in a week from Thursday. *sigh* I'm pretty much running out of steam on the organized packing thing.

2. I have been working out everyday and started loading my backpack with 25-30 pounds while walking on the treadmill at full incline. Ugh is all I really have to say. Check back in a few weeks and we'll see if there's any difference.

3. I have stayed on-track with my Bible in 90 Days reading plan. I am currently 20.5% done with the Bible and about halfway through Judges. You may not know it from this post, particularly #1, but God has been teaching me a lot about not grumbling and remembering where I've come from and the ways God has brought me here.

4. The women's book study: What's It Like to Be Married to Me?: And Other Dangerous Questions; has been good. It's a subtle and gentle reminder about having a good attitude as a wife and how we treat our husbands. I was expecting more of a blow from a sledge hammer feeling from reading through it, but so far it has been encouraging.

5. Learning Spanish is a fail so far. I have a few different reasons for this and also I'm a little lazy about starting it. It seems like if I don't have X number of boxes packed by the time Blake gets home I'm not pulling my weight, so sitting down to a leisurely Spanish lesson doesn't seem to fit into the schedule.

6. Everything else besides the first four items on this list seem to have taken a back burner. I am about to commit to packing up my knitting, I clearly am not getting to my blog very often and I've woken up at a decent hour 2/3 weekdays.

On a positive note, I did get to see my cousin Macey last weekend for my birthday celebration. You would know that already though if I'd gotten around to posting those pictures ;). I don't know why I thought my days would be spent with just a little packing and mostly leisure time, because it has certainly been the other way around.

I find that the only time I am sitting down to my computer to make some headway on photo editing/blog posting is the same time I used to do it, from 11:30 - 12:00 12:30 1:00. I'm also embarrassingly behind on commenting on those blogs I follow and hope that I can make some time for that soon.

I'll leave you with a photo of the delicious Brown Butter Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping I made for the book study today ;). This was my second recipe from my newest cookbook: Joy the Baker. (You can see where my priorities lie).


2 comments:

  1. MMM...that muffin looks delicious. I always think organizing before packing makes the most sense (why move stuff you'll just toss when you unpack it?) but there's something about not seeing your stuff for a few days/week(s) that makes it easier to organize when you put it away in a new place. This was my thoughts on packing: http://sierraleone08.blogspot.com/2011/10/stages-of-moving.html. Don't forget "enjoy" and "relax" on your summer goals. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, I think you are doing great! :-) I'm also behind in comments and will never catch up... oh well :-). I am reading still :-)
    -lisa

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!