Another great weekend at the beach... oddly enough we barely saw the actual beach this time. We had the opportunity to go fishing with Blake's dad on Saturday, so I figure spending the day on the water makes up for it! Here are some pictures to tell the story...
 |
| On our way out to the fishing hole (a.k.a. mouth of the Columbia) |
 |
| Ready to catch some fish! |
 |
| Blake did all the work, really. In fact, I interrupted his work to take this picture. |
 |
| Still working... |
 |
| His dad did all of the driving, but not as much of the working ;) |
 |
| And now we wait for the fish to bite. waiting.. waiting........... we didn't get any. |
 |
| but we did catch some crab! |
 |
| And by some, I mean about six (total from two tries and four pots). Only one was a keeper. |
 |
| He's a keeper for sure :) |
 |
| While we waited I took some pictures of the scenery. |
 |
| We tried putting our poles in one more time (still nothing). |
 |
Patiently waiting fishing and enjoying the view. |
 |
| We gave up and docked, leaving with our one little crab. Chester. |
 |
| Chester took a hot bath. |
 |
| Delicious! |
 |
As per beach trip tradition - we got some ice cream from Scoopers.
Since this was going to be my birthday trip (a little early) I justified the second scoop :) |
 |
The flowers down "Mosquito Alley". I thought this was just what grampa
called it, but there is actually a sign on the neighbor's house that says so.
P.S. I wish I'd stopped this down a little more. |
 |
The neighbor's flowers are gorgeous, these callas are about to pop.
P.P.S. No one is kidding about the mosquitoes. Now I itch. |
 |
| Obligatory group shot before driving away. |
 |
| Glad to have a weekend with the Sauras! |
As I've said before, no beach trip is complete without coffee and a cookbook from Adelaide's. This time I had the bookstore special order one for me. I'm pretty excited to try out some of the new gems in the
Joy the Baker Cookbook, somewhere in the book she says: "a celebration of butter, sugar and heavy cream." Is there really more to say? ;)
 |
| The first recipe I've made for Bible study (they were fantastic) |
I really liked all of the pictures on this post, but especially the ones where you were waiting for the fish to bite. I love that bridge one. :) Looks like a really fun weekend.
ReplyDelete