Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Free

It is a tradition I started my first quarter of undergrad and have continued on through graduate school and the years that I've worked at a school. After the last final, the last class or the last report - whatever would mark the end of that term - I would go back to my room and blare Tom Petty's Free Falling. At some point I switched to John Mayer's cover version but the tradition remains the same.

Yesterday was my last day of work for the school year and so I continue to celebrate the end of a long year with Mr. Petty's famous words. I'll reflect more on this later I'm sure, but for now I just have one simple thought:


Now I'm free, free fallin', fallin'
Now I'm free, free fallin', fallin'
Ya I'm free, free fallin', fallin'
Now I'm free, free fallin', fallin'
Free fallin', fallin'
Free fallin', fallin'
Free fallin', fallin'


(this is the John Mayer version)


1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I heard this on pandora this morning (the John Mayer one) and thought of you :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!