I'm gonna let it shine...
This little blog received a Little Blog award! Not just once, but twice! The Little Blog award is something that fellow bloggers award their 3-5 favorite blogs that have under 200 followers. It is intended encourage the author and to bring some awareness to the blogs you love.
I'm am honored to have been chosen for this award by two bloggers that I respect greatly. If this award is audited, I'm confident that I'll be fine because according to my dashboard, I have one (1) follower. :)
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the giver(s) and link back to them.
I probably should give these gals their own posts to thank them, but that seems redundant and I'm sure that they are good at sharing - they're moms.
Lisa: Life, Love, and Laughter - I met Lisa for the first time when she signed up to take over a NSSLHA (National Student Speech Language Hearing Association) office at WWU, treasurer maybe. My memory isn't great, so I could be making it up, but she was a year after me in our undergrad program at Western anyway! We also went to grad school together. She is (obviously) a fellow speech-pathologist and I love it when she writes about her (more) exciting job (than mine) with adults. Lisa also keeps me rolling on the floor with her honest humor and stories of her life, which often have to do with being a mom and things that involve her cute little guy. I know that when the time comes for me to have a baby, Lisa's blog archives is what I'll be reading when I am up late nursing. She is the kind of blogger that puts herself out there so that someone else doesn't have to feel alone. I really respect and appreciate this kind of wisdom and humor. Oh the humor!
Julie: Spontaneous Joy - I met Julie in grad school and she is also a fellow speech-pathologist. I regret not knowing Julie better in grad school because I think that we would have gotten along well. As it was, we must have studied in different circles because my first distinct memory of Julie is when I heard someone say that she was going to Sierra Leone on a mission trip. It was probably the last day of classes or very near the end of our grad school time on campus. I think I went over to her and said something to her about her trip (or at least I wanted to). Julie lives in Montana and I came across her blog from a Facebook post. I was instantly captivated by her writing and jealous of her brevity. She has a way with words as she talks about her life, faith and joys. I really respect her ability to seamlessly bring glory to the One who made her in all that she does and goes through.
2. Reveal your 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
Okay. So... I don't have five blogs to pick from! I only read five personal blogs and two of those come from the fantastic women mentioned above! I'm going to break this rule and only pass on one award, because I think she deserves one. Also, it would kind of take the honor out of the award if you won it by default.
Macey: Perseverance - Macey is my cousin and the closest thing I have to a sister. We grew up only a few miles away from each other and after we moved apart in our pre-teen years I went to live with her and her family for a few months one summer. She is the one that got me to start a blog back in 2008 and is my one and only public follower. She used to blog about everything, but lately she has a new, cool job that keeps her from it. She is inspired by everything and inspires others with what she shares. She is an amazing photographer and designer and has more creativity in her little finger than I do in my house (no offense to Blake). I love her dearly and hope that she keeps on blogging :).
3. Copy and paste award to your blog.
Check!
4. Have faith that your follower(s) will pass the love to other bloggers.
I bet that Macey has already received one of these when if first started.
5. And most of all have Bloggity-blog fun.
Bloggity-blog fun for me is blogging while making dinner and watching TV in the background. So, Check!

I was the treasurer! Good memory, O NSSLHA President. :) Thanks for the nice comments. I promise to keep making fun of my mothering mistakes so that you may profit from them. :) Also... so I've been wondering about this "following" thing. Am I not following your blog because I put you on my blog reading list? What IS following? What does it mean? Is anyone following me? HOW DO I KNOW?! Sheesh. For someone who got a blog award, I don't think I really know what I'm doing here.
ReplyDelete-Lisa