That sounds so easy. Just remain here and soak up the Words of life that will give you all you need.
Just abide in My Love, dear one.
In reality, life is busy and active and we are to be abiding in Christ while we are in line at the grocery store, at work, shopping at the mall, making dinner, doing laundry or stuck in traffic. Often, I get distracted by all these things and soon I've left my conversation with God for a conversation with myself about my shopping list or what is irritating me or what I'm excited about. Before I know it, this affects my actions and attitude.
Eventually I settle down and hear that still small voice reminding me again: abide in My love, if you keep my commands, you will abide in My love (John 15:9, John 15:10).
Jesus is our Sabbath, our rest, in Him I shall not want. He is our source of strength and gives us what we need through His Spirit, which teaches us to abide in Him (1 John 4:13, 1 John 2:27).
It sounds so easy, but I still have a lifetime of learning to abide.
: : :
This is a lesson I continually learn.
ReplyDeleteGlad I'm not alone :)
ReplyDelete