May 18th - May 31st
How I Look
The same? Oh, except the stretch marks that keep multiplying on my hips/thighs. Stretch marks are so weird. My skin hasn't been itchy at all and I haven't gained a ton of weight at once, so I'm not sure what caused them to explode all of a sudden (it's not that bad... but they definitely multiplied this week). Oh well! I will say that this week I've had the opposite comments of those that I usually get. The people I work with keep telling me how big I am, but this last week I've had several people (outside of work) tell me they wouldn't have guessed that I was 37 weeks.. and they were strangers, so I'll believe they weren't just saying it to be nice. It never ceases to make me laugh at how opposite people's perspectives can be. From my perspective.. I really feel like I look about the same.
How I Feel
Still feeling pretty good! Achy and a little tired but overall good! I swell up a little more easily, especially in the heat. My feet hurt when I stand for too long and can get pretty puffy pretty quickly. Emotionally, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm feeling like we're ready for the unknown challenges of a newborn (you know, as ready as you can really be), but also feeling like if I have to wait until the end of June I can do that too (not that I want to, but if I have to I'm at peace with it). There was a week not too long ago (32-33 I think) that I wasn't sure I could go any longer, but it is easier the better I feel and as time gets shorter. There is an end in sight!
What I Feel
Again, mostly the same: braxton hicks, wiggling and her hiccups (at least twice a day now)! I sure hope she doesn't get the hiccups as often after birth as she does now, poor thing! I still don't think that she's dropped. I don't seem to be going to the bathroom any more than I did before and I don't really have any more pressure going on down there.
What We're Doing
Waiting! Excitedly and patiently waiting! I'm/we're doing some things that are supposed to help get things going/prepare my body, including drinking the prep tea that my midwife gave me (thankfully it's delicious), which is supposed to help get my uterus etc toned and ready. We have our birth kit from our midwife and the supplies we needed to pick up. The bathtub is cleaned and ready to go still and the final touches have been put on the nursery. We're taking advantage of any time we can sleep in and just enjoying the quiet evenings together. We've also been doing a ton of yard work... so many weeds.. while the weather is cooler still (and by 'we'.. I mean Blake is doing a ton and I'm helping as much as I can).
We have weekly appointments with our midwife now and our 37 week appointment on Monday she said that she guesses baby weight by small, medium and large; large being anything over 9 lbs. She said she's guessing we'll have a medium baby. I'm still measuring right on track, one cm for every week (so this week my uterus was 37 cm) and we'll find out at our next appt if I need to worry about group B strep or not. She said that Pumpkin is in a great position, but not any lower ;). Can't wait to hear her say that things are looking like they're progressing.. but so far there are no signs of baby coming just yet. I'm also not having her check me for effacement or dilation because I feel like that will just set me up to be disappointed if she doesn't come even though I'm effaced or beginning to dilate (which is pretty common). I'd rather just not know and be surprised when things start to happen :).
We also went on our babymoon last weekend (Memorial Day Weekend). We decided to go to Spokane, figuring it was close enough to make it home if something started happening (since we were officially 37 weeks on the 25th). We have some good memories of Spokane and thought it would be fun to revisit some of those places. We also spent a day in Coeur d'Alene and enjoyed the little shops and eateries there. It was perfect weather and overall, a very relaxing trip. I didn't, however, take any pictures! We sort of forgot to bring the little duffel bag with all of our bathroom supplies in it. So we were kind of roughing it. We got a few necessities from the store but I didn't buy all new make up or hair stuff, so I wasn't feeling exactly picture worthy ;). We joke that it's the lightest we'll be able to travel for quite some time, and the last time we can forget entire bags and get away with it. We did take a few pictures before we left and I'll post those later (because I still haven't done anything with them except put them on my computer and upload one to Facebook).
: :
Next baby post: Pumpkin: Week 38
Previous baby post: Pumpkin: Weeks 34 & 35

No comments:
Post a Comment
What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!