Friday, June 7, 2013

Pumpkin: Week 38

June 1st - 7th.
That's right.. one week at a time now!

How I Look
Still seems the same to me and thankfully, no new stretch marks this week. I think I'm staying a little swollen all the time now, but not so bad that my shoes don't fit, they're just tight.



How I Feel
I still feel pretty good. Still achy and sore by the end of the day. Some nights I sleep great, other nights I'm restless and can't get comfortable. I have a cold too, which doesn't help with sleeping.

What I Feel
I am feeling a little more pressure on my pelvic bones this week! It isn't comfortable, but it's a good sign so I'll take it! My BH contractions are a little different but still pretty frequent and only part of my uterus. Usually the right side, we figure because her back/bum push against that side the most. Sometimes it knots up so much that my right side is two inches higher than than the left side. We joke that during labor the left side of my uterus is going to wimp out because it hasn't been getting as much practice as my right side always gets. I'm also really crampy throughout the day and increasingly at night. Emotionally, I'm continuing to realize that this is kind of a calm before the storm (a good storm) and I'm enjoying the beauty of being pregnant and what an incredible thing is happening in my body. We assume I'll be pregnant again, but you never know and I'm glad I'm feeling well enough to savor the last days/weeks of this special time. Don't get me wrong, I'm ready to meet this little one and to have my body back, but not in such a hurry as I might have been before.

What We're Doing
Just hanging and waiting. Blake is still very attentive and watches me carefully. Every morning and a few times in the evening Blake has a conversations with Pumpkin that he'd like to have a turn holding her and that it's a good time to be born. We're doing what we can to tell her we're ready, just waiting for her to decide she's ready too. I'd like to say that we have nice dinners staring into each others' eyes and holding hands, just soaking up our time together before our world is turned upside down... but really we just talk about Pumpkin and share our excitement about meeting her. And we do everyday things like the dishes, laundry and yard work. We are more patient with each other and it sort of feels like we're back in our honeymoon period, so it's not to say that it isn't a sweet time between us, but we're both pretty focused on this little girl :).

2 comments:

  1. So, the right-side thing makes me laugh. Toby totally did that to me, too. I called him my little right-sided baby, because he was always pushing out my right side. So, then, when I was pregnant with Owen, when I was barely far along at all, like maybe 6ish weeks (but starting to show because second pregnancies are just really ridiculously different than first ones), THE RIGHT SIDE WAS OUT FURTHER. And you know at that stage is has nothing to do with the baby. So basically, whatever stretching he did to me... it's apparently permanent. I hope you don't experience the same thing, but let me know if you do, I've never heard anyone else complain about such funny asymmetry!
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only place Claire ever pushed was my right side ribs. I am pretty sure she was pushing her feet against them all the time and as a newborn she loved having her feet held/patted. Even now, she'll ask me to sit on her feet or she'll lean them against me when we snuggle. Funny. I saw the post that you were 38 weeks! I was going to say "already" but I am sure it doesn't feel like that to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!