Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pumpkin: Week 39

June 8th - June 14th
As I write this it is actually our due date today! I'm not sure how I'd have done these any differently, but it has always been a bit confusing that I take the 'weekly picture' on the day I change weeks, but then write the post after the week has past (since I'm bad a predicting the future). However, then my picture seems a week old. And it's confusing that maybe the week before you change is actually the week to report about.. as in the week leading up to it was (in this case) my 39th week and I just finished it.. so really I'm writing about my 40th week? See.. it's confusing. Anyway.. however it should be, this is how I've done it. Change weeks and take picture, wait for the week to be over and write about what I/we experienced. Now that we've cleared that up ;).

How I Look
I feel like I still look the same, but continue to get compliments about how I look great for 39 weeks and that people wouldn't have guessed I was that far along. Thank you random strangers for your kind words!



How I Feel
Good. A little too good, if you know what I mean.

What I Feel
I'm pretty much feeling the same old things. Some increase in cramps, still plenty of BH contractions and a couple of episodes at night of, 'hmm that contraction was a little different' but nothing came of it. Same sore hips and pelvic bones and my feet get tired easily. Our little sweet P is SO wiggly this week! We try to tell her she might enjoy all the space out here, but she doesn't believe us, I guess. She still gets the hiccups frequently, but not quite as often as last week. Her head is much lower, so now when she gets them it's even more noticeable and a little personal.

What We're Doing
Just patiently waiting. I feel like I can say 'patiently' because this week we've just been going through our typical weekly routine, not actually expecting her to come (where as I think last week we kept thinking that 'maybe' tonight/today was it). We understand she'll come when she comes and that she just must not be ready yet.

I've been home this week and have been enjoying the time to be a stay-at-home-wife before I turn into a stay-at-home-mom. I'm mostly taking it easy, but also doing a little 'nesting' to feel productive.. just without the pressure to really be productive. I try to get one thing done from my 'organization/project' list and one or more things done from the household chore list. I'm trying to keep things tidy so that it isn't as hard for other people to help maintain when I'm recovering. My organization/projects have mostly been cleaning out closets, organizing cupboards, sweeping the garage etc. OH! And I finished the footstool for the nursery! I'll have to get some pictures up of that project! Like I said though, not a lot of pressure to do much, just getting some 'nice to have done' things off the to do list, now that all the 'must have done' things are finished.


1 comment:

  1. Ahh, the waiting game... you are doing great! :)

    And yes, I figured perhaps you didn't want any company on your babymoon ;-) Although I would have happily taken pictures for you had you not been missing a makeup bag :) Next time, park date for sure!

    Anyway, have fun being productive. (Good for you?) I'd tell you to enjoy this time to yourself, but I was always too busy wanting to hurry up and have this baby already!! I never made it to my due date tho so I have no room to talk.

    I shall eagerly be checking FB for some Pumpkin Pictures. :)
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!