Friday, May 17, 2013

Pumpkin: Weeks 34 & 35

May 4th - May 17th

How I Look
All I can say is... oof-ta. I'm so ready to have my body back (even in a slightly different condition than when I started). I have had the joy of finding stretch marks this week.. on my hips at least (because somehow that makes it better?). Oddly enough, I still don't look down at my belly and think.. man I'm huge.. but I do keep getting that comment from other people! It's all part of the joys of pregnancy and I just try to keep rolling with it.. knowing that in a few weeks I'll look back and think how I wasn't so big yet after all ;). 



How I Feel
Thankfully, I've felt much better these weeks. A little tired now and then, and sometimes a little sappy. I had a little panic the other day thinking.. 'what if the ultrasound was wrong.. what if Pumpkin is a boy!? We have so many pink clothes!' But, Blake assured me that the ultrasound tech looked at the money shot from every angle possible and from each angle it was pretty clearly 'girl'.

What I Feel
Still plenty of wiggling from our Sweet P, and still lots of BHs but just normal, erratic and semi-constant tightness. Oh, and she gets the hiccups at least once a day and usually when I'm trying to fall asleep at night. I'm experiencing some other less appealing pregnancy issues.. but nothing that needs to be said here ;). My hips seem to hurt if I stay in one position for too long, but I still manage to sleep for 3-5 hours straight before needing to move or visit the bathroom. Some nights I'm awake every hour, and other nights I sleep straight through (which is a little rough on the bladder!). I'm trying to just appreciate every bit of sleep I get!

What We're Doing
Blake would say I'm obsessing.. I might call it some form of nesting. I'm trying to get some of the final touches finished up on our 'necessities' list and mostly that involves deciding what those necessities are. There are plenty of wants left on our registries but some needs too. We have one shower left (a week before I'm due) so I'm holding off on completing the registry until after that, but I think that there are a few items that I'll use gift cards on soon because it will give me peace of mind to know that if she came early, we'd have all we 'needed'. Things like sheets for the co-sleeper and a diaper pail somehow make me feel more prepared. Oh, and an infant car seat ;). I did obsess about that for awhile. I really went back and forth about getting the infant carrier style-car seat. We'd been given a 5-70 lb convertible car seat by Blake's mom, but the infant car seat was out of stock for awhile and then I wondered if we really needed it since we had one that would work and lots of babywearing carriers. Ultimately, with plenty of deliberation, we decided to order it while it was back in stock and 25% off.

We are also getting so darn excited to meet this little wiggle worm! We're planning our last pre-kids weekend getaway (a.k.a. our babymoon) that is a few weeks away, and having lots of discussions about how different life will be very soon. We're so ready to meet our little girl but we're also trying to enjoy the time together while she finishes growing.


: :

Next baby post: Pumpkin: Weeks 36 & 37 

Previous baby post: Pumpkin: Weeks 32 & 33

2 comments:

  1. I am giggling about your unmentionable symptoms because I can only imagine ;-) Isn't pregnancy FUN?!

    I am a pretty big 'baby-wearer' as they say but the infant carseat is really nice for quick in and out of places and also when it's cold, I never want to get them out of their snuggled little carseat bundle into the cold (because I don't usually have jackets on them in the carseat since that's a no-no but they're wrapped in a blanket) to put them in a carrier or carry them or whatever. So I really like the infant car seat for that, although it was not as helpful in the summer.
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You look so adorable, cousin! You are going to make an amazing mama. :-)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!