Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Nursery

Clever title, don't you think? I'm out of creativity apparently ;). While I'm still working on the footstool for this little space, I thought I'd post some pictures of the rest of the finished 'nursery'. It is really just the other half of our master bedroom but I'm loving this little baby dedicated sanctuary/corner of our room.

We only use the right door, so the bassinet is in front of the other one and that's probably where the crib will go when we're ready for it, if for some reason we don't end up doing the side-car thing. The bassinet is a family heirloom of sorts.. it is what my mom used for us and my aunt used for my cousins and my cousins used for their kid. We also have a co-sleeper that goes next to our bed, which will be awesome for nigh time breastfeeding, but it's fun to have the bassinet as well.


We don't have the changing pad yet, but eventually it will go on top of the dresser in the corner and those baskets will be filled with prepped cloth diapers. I think we'll add some shelves too, so the animal assortment has a place to live.


This was a fun project, although I probably should have started/finished it before I was 8 months pregnant. I can't say that climbing up and down from the stool repeatedly was the best idea, but it's done now anyway. I won't say how many times I had to move things around, but I will say I was able to use some of the pre-existing holes in the wall!

This canvas print was more work than I anticipated, but I am happy with how it turned out. Cutting out the stencil for the words was the most tedious part! It's hard to tell here, but the white letters are wooden and raised. I looked at lots of subway art to buy for this space, but none of them really said what I wanted to say to our daughter like this verse does.

A little action shot.

This print is special to us because we bought it in Israel while we were there and about 7 weeks along. We loved idea behind it and when we saw the Noah's Ark print we thought it would be great in a nursery eventually. It is the Bible story of Noah's Ark from Genesis written out in Hebrew!

 Isn't it crazy! I can't imagine reading it, even if I could read Hebrew.



The Glider. There is a nice long story about this glider, which you can read about here. Long story short, I couldn't find what I wanted for the price I wanted so we created our own thanks to the help of my brother. I'm still working on the footstool, which will help hide the black ring you can see here. It is a great fit and comfy. If you put the pillow up higher it easily supports your head and some dozing could happen.

Now all we need is a little sweet baby girl to start using all this stuff! (okay, we need a few more little things too.. but at least we have the essentials!)

2 comments:

  1. Ooops, I left my nursery comment on the glider post. :) So I'll leave a glider comment here. It looks great! Very creative idea. My parents bought us one when we had Claire and I've about worn it out...so much comfier than a rocking chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks cute, glad you had fun decorating the space even if you didn't do a full "room". :)

    Love the Noah's ark print!
    -lisa

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!