Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pumpkin: Weeks 32 & 33

April 20th - May 3rd

How I Look
I am fully in that beached whale stage and feeling every bit full of blubber. It's funny how differently women carry their babies. I get a lot of comments on how big my belly is or how far it sticks out. My favorite is when people suggest I have a basketball in there. I'm not offended, but I am starting to get a little more plump in areas other than my belly. I suppose if people realized, most of them wouldn't discuss my size but really it's most noticeable on my hips and my jeans do a decent job of hiding it.



How I Feel
Tired and impatient! These weeks have been hard and so many times I said or thought to myself, "I'm ready to be done"... which isn't good because I'm not actually done yet! I don't sleep as well at night between the BH contractions, my loosey-goosey sore hips and sometimes my bladder. I am just not able to fall back asleep as easily, which is the real change, and I have really weird dreams that make me feel less rested and kind of mentally drained when I wake up. Weird dreams that usually have some obsessive component relating to diapers or cleaning or trying to find something. I certainly have good days and bad days, and this last week most were fairly rough, but I'm sure a few good days are around the corner. Today hasn't been too bad actually.

What I Feel
Same old, same old. BH contractions all. the. time. Sometimes to the point of tweaking my back, which is really what makes them hurt instead of just being annoying, and then it's hard to breath during them too. Still within the range of normal but definitely makes me ready to just move on to labor and get all the contracting over with. If only I didn't still have 6-8 weeks left to go! I also still feel our little girl movin' and a groovin' in there. She's stays pretty active lately, despite all the tightness around her. I try to take the time to enjoy her moving around because I have a feeling I'll miss it when she's out (even though of course, even better.. she'll be in my arms)!

What We're Doing
I finally finished decorating Pumpkin's corner and continue to get things organized and washed/put away. I'm still working on the footstool for the glider, but I think I might be working on that still when I'm in labor ;) it's fairly slow going. We're also still working our way through some birthing books and getting so excited for this little one to be here. Still trying to be patient and enjoy our time together before Sweet P joins us though. Which reminds me, we are 99.9% decided on her name, but sorry, it doesn't start with a P. She'll always be our Sweet P, but someday soon she'll have a real name too!

Next baby post: Pumpkin: Weeks 34 & 35

Previous baby post: Pumpkin: Weeks 30 & 31

2 comments:

  1. You look great! I hope you can enjoy the last few weeks before Little P arrives and that all those BH really do mean an awesome labor. I didn't have any and I had a hard labor (but also induced). So here's hoping for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had BH with both boys (worse with Owen) and yeah, his labor was pretty smooth :) So... hope it's true!!

    Um... I think you look great?! Did you SEE my pictures from Owen at this stage? I don't think you look that big.
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!