Monday, July 2, 2012

We're IN!

We are not unpacked, but we are in the 'new' house. It. is. huge. Here are a few more pictures from the move. Blake and I rocked the mega van on Friday and got the majority of our things moved in five trips (I felt like I'd been hit by a semi truck that night). All that was left on Saturday was the four-person heavy stuff and all the loose ends. We were out of the apartment and had it cleaned by Saturday afternoon. Thanks to some of our new neighbors and my parents! It was exhausting! Doing so much on our own Friday, made me really and truly appreciate every extra hand that pitched in on Saturday.

On the move


It took five trips like this to get most of our stuff over.


We couldn't believe how much we could fit in this thing!


Our friends (and new neighbors) let us borrow their van for the move. 


It just keeps coming...


The kitchen counter is under there somewhere. 

This house came with some house guests. We're plant-sitting all of the owner's plants, including this GIANT tree. It is over 20 years old. After walking through/under/around this beast a few times I decided it needed a haircut, check it out.
Before...

After...  much more manageable. 


Saying goodbye to our old place.
(yes, I'm blinking)

This little place served us well for almost three years.
I'll get some pictures of the new place soon and maybe even a garden update - it's been growing!

2 comments:

  1. That house does look big!, and nice!! Congrats!,
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving is hard work. Glad you are in...at least with unpacking you can kinda do it at a more leisurely pace. Can't wait to see more pics of the new place...it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!