Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July Photo Challenge Part 2

Sorry for the cliche, but can you believe how fast July went! Here are the rest of the pictures for the July photo challenge. I'm happy to say I made it through the month, even if I sometimes got behind on posting pictures. Since this post is mostly pictures, and many of them, I'm putting in a jump, click below to see the rest of the photo challenge pictures.

 Here are days 17-31.

Day 17: Addiction
This one was easy, although I wish'd I'd had more time to be more creative.

Day 18: Plate
This was my first anniversary present during our trip to Greece.
It is special because we got to meet and watch the family that makes them at their pottery studio.

Day 19: Insect/Animal/Pet
Definitely don't have any pets or animals, so insect it was. I walked outside to get a surefire shot of the
millions of earwigs in our corn.. but on my way I saw this sweet little encounter. I thought that one would attack the other, but the praying mantis just backed down and away from the spider. Funny thing is, since I saw this one, I've seen several more, even though I thought it was such a rare treat to see this one. Happy to have them around.

Day 20: Eyes
This kills me because I'm so literal. I could have swore it said just 'eye' but no, it was 'eyes'. Doh. This was using my new macro/+10 close-up lens and my neighbor's five year old :)

Day 21: 9:00
This was actually at 9:15 because at 8:55 I realized my batteries were dead
and I had to charge one a little before I could take the picture.
We were getting ready for this backpacking trip.

Day 22: Upside Down
This one was tricky, it was so tempting to just turn the camera upside down, or just rotate the picture.
As soon as I heard the name of this pastry, I knew it was my shot.

Day 23: Mirror
This is at the beach cabin, which is so fitting for the cabin and the prompt.

Day 24: Stranger
We were on the beach anyway, so beach stranger(s) it was. As literal as I am about the prompts, I couldn't pick between the girl or the guy, so I threw caution to the wind and added the s myself. 

Day 25: Heart
I do 'heart' bacon, especially home grown bacon. 

Day 26: Sunshine
The sunshine here has been working it's charm on our garden. 

Day 27: On the road
Both myself and the camera were on the road.... and not much else which is why this was my shot ;)

Day 28: Cup
I try hard to think a little outside the box, just to keep myself from taking pictures like the next one.
I was drawing a blank on this for most of the day until I started to make dinner. 

Day 29: The last thing you bought
It was hard to even remember the last thing I bought, I probably did buy some food after these, but I decided
to interpret this as: 'the last thing you bought - for yourself' :) We got these through Blake's work at a sweet
discount, which I love. I just needed new running shoes but these trail running shoes were too tempting.
They'll also double as day hiking shoes and maybe.. just maybe someday I'll actually run on a trail someday.
Oh, and I hate this picture because it's SO unoriginal and not very creative, but I was in a hurry.

Day 30: Calm
This was tough because most things that portray 'calm' to me are landscapes far from here, or tiny elements in a boring setting that all tie together. I decided to put off the photo and just focus on packing for our backpacking trip this weekend and viola! I realized after making a few lists that this would be a more simple representation.
Also.. while making this list I decided to try making my own dehydrate backpacking food.. more on that later!

Day 31: Toothbrush
What a funny prompt. This is my cleaning toothbrush that sits
by the kitchen sink. 
Well, there yo have it! I think I'll do August too, but not with any strict commitment. By the end of this challenge it was only myself, my friend Julie and the occasional other member posting pictures. I hope next month brings more participation. Thanks Julie for sticking with it too!

1 comment:

  1. I wimped out on the last two days. I am bummed that no one else sticks with it...it really makes it hard for me to want to post. :) I love, as usual, hearing the backstory on these, particularly the toothbrush one. I was really, really hoping that was a cleaning toothbrush. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!