Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy 4th Weekend


Ironically, the only fireworks we saw were on the 3rd of July, from the balcony of our house. They were pretty :)


Blake had to work late on the 3rd, so we set off for home early on the 4th. We arrived just in time for food and horseshoes. I'm so thankful that I don't have to play, but those that do seem to enjoy the competition.

Blake throwing and Uncle Brian watching.

Grandma throwing

Grampa throwing and Brad waiting.

There was also horse riding. Emily loved it.

She had SO much fun on this pony.
After the party started to die down, I was able to sneak away to my favorite retreat with a favorite friend. Lake Merwin and my friend Alicia.

Happy Fourth of July!

Friends since sixth grade

Wish I got to see her more frequently than once a year!
 Here are a few more highlights from the weekend:

There was some swimming

My parent's blueberry bushes are LOADED.. but not ripe yet ;)

Their garden is coming along. 

I was trying out different shots for a photo challenge prompt. This one was 'eyes'. 
There you have it. A little taste of our 4th weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an awesome weekend - a good balance of relaxing and time with family. That eye picture is pretty fun!!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!