Monday, December 12, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like...

CHRISTMAS!

Have I mentioned that I love Christmastime? Oh yes, that's right. I did.

Well this weekend we had a little getaway with our friends the Sauras. We went to Lake Chelan for a night and enjoyed some good food, wine tasting and attempted the world's second most difficult puzzle (VanGogh's Starry Night). Now, we are experienced puzzlers, but we got about a border and ten pieces into it and decided that it wasn't a one-night puzzle. I think that one will have to wait until our next long weekend at the beach!

Wine tasting with a view of Lake Chelan.

On Sunday, we did some antiquing and hunted for a long sought after gift - which cannot be named because 1) it was not found and 2) the receiver of the gift reads this blog on occasion. Someday we'll find this elusive item and then I will give it and share with the world what we found.

After antiquing... the real story begins. We made our way to Leavenworth, Wa where it, in fact, has been looking a lot like Christmas for some time now! They have a Christmas Lighting Festival each weekend from after Thanksgiving until the last weekend before Christmas. This was the first time experiencing this for all of us and it was quite enjoyable. Another first for all of us was eating chestnuts roasted on an open fire. The verdicts is mostly in on the chestnuts.. not all that great. Kind of tastes like a cross between a real sweet potato (not a yam), a parsnip and something else that I can't remember now... but you get the idea. Not really nut like at all, a little more like a root vegetable. I'm glad we tried it thought! It added to our experience!

We also got some Christmas shopping done and found the last few items on our stocking-stuffer list!


Waiting for the festival to start
in Leavenworth

After all the lights have been lit and we're about frozen!

We also {finally} took some pictures for our
Christmas cards.. this one didn't make the cut
but I do like it :)

Whitney and Jason

3 comments:

  1. Your pics look great! Leavenworth for the tree lighting sounds so fun, I swear one of these years we are going to make it happen! Can't wait to see the card!!
    -lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are gorgeous! I hope we can check out the Leavenworth Christmas Lights one year soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to meet someone and get married so I can partake in couple-y fun times with you two! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!