Thursday, December 8, 2011

I wonder

I wonder what is going on right now in your life. I wonder what happened to you today. What happened just before you got in your car or before you answered that phone call. I wonder what happened to you yesterday to change you today. I wonder.

When I hear stories about someone's baby being born, someone's child meeting a milestone, a family member being in an accident, etc. I think, what was I doing just then? Was I complaining about something, was I taking my blessings for granted, was I busy or bored? What was I doing when this life altering thing happened to you?

It's so interesting to think about the six-billion-plus moments that are going on around the world right now. I can barely keep track of my own moments, but God keeps track of all of those moments.

I'm reminded at moments like this, when I'm milling the minutes away until my next task, that something is happening to someone right now. Something huge and exciting, something tragic, something life changing, or something just as normal as my moments right now.

I wonder.

1 comment:

  1. I thought about that this morning when I heard there were more shootings at Virginia tech. So many moments, for so many people...
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!