Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hosting

A friend asked me to host a table at our church's Women's Christmas Dessert Party. She asked me because she know how much I like to bake. I also love to host. I really do. I enjoy the planning, the brainstorming, the intermittent periods of stress, but most of all, I enjoy the blessing. Or at least that's my goal - to bless people.

The requirements were:  Arrive by 5:45, guests would arrive at 6:30 and provide the following:
  • table cloth
  • a coffee carafe
  • water pitcher
  • centerpiece
  • eight name tags
  • reserved signs for seats that were filled
  • eight party favors
  • dessert for eight hungry women (some might not have time for dinner - like me!)

Here is what I came up with... I really wish they were better pictures, but I only had a few seconds to snap some:


Table cloth: check. Coffee carafe: check. Water pitchers:
check. Desserts: check, check and check. 

Name tags: check (actually made by my friend on
the left in the picture above).
 Reserved signs: Check. Party favors: Check.
The reserved sign is a book mark. It says,
"Sorry, I'm booked" hehehe. Doubles as a
favor and sign. But also the little black
 favor box has chocolates.

Centerpiece: Check.

This was my experimental dessert: Apple Pie Cookies.
Also served were my usual standbys
cheesecake and baklava

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. Food. Everything looks lovely, I think you are a hostess with the mostess, or whatever that silly expression was.
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! You did a wonderful job - classy, creative, colorful. And I KNOW that it was delicious! EVERYTHING you make is delicious. See you soon!
    Valaree

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!