We have had some serious fog around here lately. It has made for an interesting drive home from Pendleton at night but also a beautiful one. Something to do with a low pressure system that keeps the air stagnant in areas creates fog that doesn't go away.
It has also been below freezing for over a week which causes freezing fog. This can be dicey on the roads but beautiful to look at. All week I've driven by this tree near Pendleton and finally had to stop and take a few pictures because I find it so intriguing. They're not the greatest photos, but I think you get the idea. Just wanted to share!
| It is located behind a semi-truck sales lot (of all places). |
![]() |
| Isn't it pretty! |
![]() |
| This is a random picture, but I thought it was so strange how the frozen fog just coats everything, even the fence and stray sagebrush that is stuck in it. |



those are beautiful pictures! I can only imagine how they looked in real life. Thanks for taking a minute to share the beauty.
ReplyDeleteSo i see I never left a comment but I meant to say that I came back to look at these like five times because I was so intrigued. Then on saturday it was really foggy and about 25 degrees and I got really excited that we too could have freezing fog so I could get some awesome pictures. However, apparently 25 degrees is not cold enough for anything as neat to happen. I am sad.
ReplyDelete-Lisa
Thanks ladies :)
ReplyDeleteLisa- 25 degrees is cold enough, that's about what it was here. I'm guessing it just has to be for a prolonged time, we had dense freezing fog for over a week.
So I am back to check them out again. :) We have some freezing fog!!! But so far its just in one thin layer (which does look cool, but not as awesome) however with my croupy child I have not been available for nighttime camera jaunts. I was *almost* irritated to notice how clear the sky was tonight because I am sure that means we are going to lose the cool frozen fog look, plus no more will come. Sigh.
ReplyDelete-Lisa
Beautiful!!
ReplyDelete