Friday, October 21, 2011

Surrender

The world will tell you to look within yourself, that you have all you need inside to accomplish your dreams and to achieve happiness.

I agree that we humans are powerful creatures. We were, after all, created by a powerful God. Yet, I have found that the more I look within myself for answers, power and happiness the more I .... keep looking.

The real power in our lives comes when we make the choice to surrender. It's a powerful thing to submit all of your being to the One who made you. To harness that power and give the control to Someone who can direct it and make something of it.

Sure I have the capability to create my own destiny, make a difference and strive for happiness, but what a mess I make on my own and what a short, insignificant story I would write.

Our lives here are brief, but my life in eternity is forever. I want to make a difference that lasts beyond time, beyond the world's idea of happiness.

I have the choice to seek myself, or to seek the One that will be found.

I have the choice to struggle in my own strength, or I can surrender wholly to the one that knows my strength best.

I have the choice to be wild and powerful, or to be wildly under the eternal power of Jesus.

My choice has been made. It took me too long to realize I can't serve myself and Him. I finally understand that there's no way to be but all-in.

I SURRENDER my life, for a better one.

1 comment:

  1. This is like poetry...I love it! Such a hard thing, and it seems as soon as I think I'm all in, He often points out another area I've been clutching to myself.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!