I tend to make things complicated. I don't like to, but I do. I over think things, I over analyze and we all know I over discuss things (see all previous posts). It's the human part of me. I was laying in bed this morning, thinking about how simple life can be if we let it, and how much more simple my life seems recently. Life in Christ is meant to be simple.
The beauty of a life in Christ is that the older you get, the longer you live for Christ, the more simple life becomes. I can remember a time when I thought that it wasn't so easy to 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind (Matt. 22:37). I've realized though, that the more I try to live this way, the easier it becomes. I think that this is probably because the more I put God first, the better things turn out, it snowballs and the easier life gets. It's simple.
Not that I have it down pat - far, far from it - but it's cool to look back and see the pattern of simplicity that follows the times that I surrender to Jesus and try to put Him first. I was praying this morning about some friends that are experiencing life's struggles, I found myself just wishing for them that they could just surrender their chaos to Jesus. He makes all things new. His yoke is easy and His burden is light (Matt. 11:30). His advice is wholesome. His words are plain (Prov. 8:8-9). He makes life so simple.
That's not to say that life isn't complex. Our bodies, this planet, our social networks, our relationships and our value systems - they are all complex just like the One that created them. That doesn't mean that they have to be complicated though. There is a simple answer.
I like this verse in the KJV because it has a certain ring to it: "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matt 6:33). Or in the more modern version: "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." NLT.
Life can be so simple.
No comments:
Post a Comment
What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!