It was a busy, busy week with a promise to be the last of it's type for some time. Here are some of the small joys that pulled me through (in no particular order).
1. This weekend represents the end of summer plans. We attended our last wedding of the year, and are driving home to a nearly empty calendar for the month.
2. The wedding was fantastically fall themed, gorgeous and finished with a cupcake assortment that included pumpkin- yum. I can't get enough pumpkin goodness :).
3. We got to see my cousin Macey for a few hours when our trips west crossed paths. An impromptu and short visit is still a visit and it's always good to see family :)
4. I {finally} got my wedding rings cleaned, polished and - most importantly - tightened! My diamond is now sparkly and secure in it's place and I've stopped taking it off the wrong way, so it should stay that way. A long standing to-do list item: DONE! Thanks to my cousin's impromptu visit, we ended up going to the jewelry store where her grandma works. They took care of my loose stone and gave it a bath... for free!
5. Blake rocked the cheesecake which was a delicious and fun experience to share the kitchen in a new way. He blesses my heart in new ways every day.
6. A library book came with the cutest little magnetic bookmark. I have no idea how I'd find the rightful owner, so I'm just going to enjoy it until I too forgetfully return it with a book and have to pass it on.
7. As I was rushing through some paperwork at the school I am covering during a maternity leave (which was doubling my meeting/paperwork responsibilities), a woman walked in and announced that they had {finally} hired her to cover that building. It was a huge weight lifted from my work load and a very pleasant surprise!
8. My jaw is working again. For reasons unknown, I woke up a few weeks ago with a sore jaw and unable to close my teeth together fully. As you can imagine, this was painful, made it hard to eat (though I still managed plenty) and troubling. I'm pretty sure I clenched my jaw (probably from stress) in my sleep and pulled something. At any rate, I'm thankful for the answered prayer of it being back in place.
9. Lastly, I was able to sleep in both days this weekend. I'd not gotten much sleep this week because of my jaw, choices in how I spent my time, and work... A recipe for an unpleasant me. I'm thankful I finally was able to get some alarm clock free sleep! I'm also thankful for the grace, mercy and compassion that covers the innumerable times that I was neither gracious or compassionate this past week. Another week goes by and I look back on my slip ups of word and deed and I thank my Father for the lessons learned and opportunities for growth.
To borrow from Anne of Green Gables: Here's to a new week, with no mistakes in it yet.
Mobile blogged from my iPhone
Love Anne of Green Gables...sounds like you found lots of high points in your week...sometimes I find if I just take the time to think about it, I can find a lot, even during a crummy week...
ReplyDelete