Friday, January 25, 2013

Pumpkin Weeks 18 &19

January 12th - January 25th

What an exciting couple of weeks! The big news is we had our midterm ultrasound and found out all of our sweet little Pumpkin's secrets! There have been a lot of changes since our last look at this little one!



Sweet little baby foot! (she does have two, I promise)


How I Look



How I Feel
Still a little tired but not exhausted. I'm starting to feel those hormones effecting my emotions though - and that's no fun! I'm dealing with some very minor backaches and it takes a little more adjusting to get comfortable on the couch or on car trips. Overall, I can't complain. I feel pretty blessed with a great pregnancy so far!

What I Feel
I feel lots of moving and shaking going on in there! Pumpkin is keeping me entertained throughout the day as I feel all those little movements. It still brings a smile to my face but doesn't tickle as much as it did at first. Still getting stronger, but not strong enough for Blake to feel it yet. As mentioned before, I'm also starting to feel some extra pressure in my ribs! Our ultrasound cleared things up a little and it turns out, it essentially is the baby! Pumpkin likes to lay diagonally which pushes on my organs which jams them into my ribs.

What We're Doing (... and what I'm not doing.)
We have been excitedly sharing Pumpkin's secrets from the ultrasound! We are also really discussing names these days, and we are (I am) still watching my food to make sure I'm getting a good balance of protein, fruit, veggies, whole grains, legumes and peanut butter (it's a food group in itself these days). My favorite snack is peanut butter and banana. I also like peanut butter and apples, peanut butter and jelly and peanut butter in my oatmeal. When I say peanut butter, I actually mean a 50/50 mixture of natural peanut butter (the kind you make yourself in the grinder at the grocery store) and almond butter, it's deliciously sweet, crunchy and salty all at the same time. Mmm. So, ya.. we're eating! Lots of snacks/small meals and aside from fruit not too many sweets. We're also still plugging away at our registries and trying to find some items used when we can. We've bought a few items from craigslist, but nothing major yet.
... and what I'm not doing anymore: no more shopping baskets loaded down, if it's more than a handful of items, I have to get a cart! I'm famous for loading down a basket until it's spilling out... but not any more. I'm also famous for making only one trip. I want to squeeze every single bag onto my arm and get my purse, lunch bag, the mail etc all on the other arm so I don't have to make two trips... well not any more! I found out the hard way that I'm at that point where I have to say no to heavy things and yes to asking for help or taking it slower.

: :
Next baby post: Pumpkin: Weeks 20 & 21

Previous baby post: Pumpkin: Weeks 16 & 17

1 comment:

  1. Your comment about carrying it all in one trip made me laugh - I am the same way. It's the main reason I use reusable bags - you can fit more in!! and..Just get used to a cart...you'll be using one from now until they can't squeeze in it any more. :) I still use one when I want to accomplish my shopping in a timely manner. Oh, and I craved peanut butter like crazy...ate an apple with peanut butter every afternoon just about. Your version sounds extremely yummy!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!