Posture: I don't have awesome sitting posture to begin with, but I try (and then five minutes later I have to sit up and try again). So as my belly and baby grow this adds a new challenge to the fight against the hunchback. I feel so much better when I'm standing up, but you can only do that for so long. Some days I try so hard to have better posture that I end up making my back hurt and give myself a headache. I can't win! However, most days, if I do some stretching or prenatal yoga, and watch my posture.. I can make the following 'P' a little better.
Pressure: I am not complaining.. I'm just commenting. And please, please no one tell me to 'just wait because it's going to get worse'. That, my friends, is the mantra running through my head too often as it is. Part of what makes me need better posture is that something (my spleen!? - I don't think it's my stomach and surely it's too early for it to be baby feet) is being pressed up against my bottom left rib. I'm mostly thinking.. isn't it way to early for this!? I'm also thinking (again) oh man.. and this is only going to get worse! Every week I feel HUGE, and every week I look back at the last picture in which I felt huge and realize how I wasn't huge yet at all.. and still am not. However, the heartburn is creeping up and the pressure is building... with more to come.
I'm feeling a different kind of pressure too, the pressure that comes with the reality that soon we'll know this little one's gender, and that means picking a name. There's also the added pressure as I realize more and more how much this little guy or girl will depend on me to have it together, keep it together, or at least look like I'm doing one of the two. I'm excited to see our little kicker soon and be reminded of the joy that comes with all the responsibility.
Peas: One of my goals for the year is to eat more green vegetables and with more of a variety. The little common pea never makes it on my list because truly, it is the only green vegetable that I can think of that I don't really care for. I might have to revisit the pea though, if I'm going to meet this green goal and heaven forbid I pass on my disliking of peas to Pumpkin, just because the poor guy or girl wasn't exposed to them enough (although, if that's the only food he/she doesn't like.. I'd still call that a win).
So really, I had posture and pressure on my mind and saying that made me think of an old standby dinner party recipe (we served it at our wedding actually) for Pasta, Pesto and Peas by Ina Garten. I think I'll make it for dinner tonight with a little chicken added, because it's one of the few ways I can enjoy peas (so far.. I'll work on that). In addition to using whole wheat or multigrain pasta and subbing out some of the mayo, I also like to add a little more spinach to the dish by making the pesto with part spinach, part basil. This recipe already mixes the pesto with spinach, so it's a double whammy. You should try it sometime, it's delicious! I'll warn you though, it makes a lot, I usually half it when it's four or fewer. Tonight I was lazy and used store bought pesto.
I'm feeling a different kind of pressure too, the pressure that comes with the reality that soon we'll know this little one's gender, and that means picking a name. There's also the added pressure as I realize more and more how much this little guy or girl will depend on me to have it together, keep it together, or at least look like I'm doing one of the two. I'm excited to see our little kicker soon and be reminded of the joy that comes with all the responsibility.
Peas: One of my goals for the year is to eat more green vegetables and with more of a variety. The little common pea never makes it on my list because truly, it is the only green vegetable that I can think of that I don't really care for. I might have to revisit the pea though, if I'm going to meet this green goal and heaven forbid I pass on my disliking of peas to Pumpkin, just because the poor guy or girl wasn't exposed to them enough (although, if that's the only food he/she doesn't like.. I'd still call that a win).
So really, I had posture and pressure on my mind and saying that made me think of an old standby dinner party recipe (we served it at our wedding actually) for Pasta, Pesto and Peas by Ina Garten. I think I'll make it for dinner tonight with a little chicken added, because it's one of the few ways I can enjoy peas (so far.. I'll work on that). In addition to using whole wheat or multigrain pasta and subbing out some of the mayo, I also like to add a little more spinach to the dish by making the pesto with part spinach, part basil. This recipe already mixes the pesto with spinach, so it's a double whammy. You should try it sometime, it's delicious! I'll warn you though, it makes a lot, I usually half it when it's four or fewer. Tonight I was lazy and used store bought pesto.
No, I got that weird rib pressure thing too... really bad with Toby and just a little with Owen... and my sister in law (who has a super short torso- mine is long) had it even worse than me with her first and then lessened but definitely present with her second. I'm not sure what that is, I don't think it's baby feet because like you said, it comes on too early. But remember that. With Toby it got so sensitive once it felt like the area was bruised, I didn't even want to bump it from the outside! I found that one to come and go, though, so it may not get worse as you get bigger (although my SIL definitely thought it got progressively worse as things progressed).
ReplyDeleteSo, you obviously are working mostly in the schools now, because if you work with PTs, they harass you about your posture all the time. Or at least my wonderful co-workers do. Mine is still terrible but I did try to listen to them while I was pregnant! :)
Have fun with your peas. :)
-Lisa
My kids have rarely seen a pea because Cory hates them and I don't really care for them either. We're going to grow some this summer though so maybe that will help. I've heard they are good frozen? Also, if you do get bad heartburn, try papaya tablets. I found they worked as well as TUMS, tasted better and are natural. I got terrible heartburn at the end...once got it after eating a plain bagel for breakfast. I had that pressure some but I am pretty sure it was baby feet. She was almost always with her head down and her feet in my ribs. It gets fun when you can tell what parts are where!
ReplyDelete