Friday, January 11, 2013

Pumpkin: Weeks 16 & 17

December 29th - January 11th

How I Look
I definitely look pregnant. It's funny because by the end of the day, between gravity, digesting food and gas I look and feel HUGE (at least to me). However, in the morning when I wake up, my tummy is flatter and while I still look pregnant if you know it, I also just look (and feel) chubby.



How I Feel
I'm feeling pretty good! Still lightheaded in the mornings, but I'm learning how to manage and minimize that and I'm not as tired as I had been. By the end of the day I feel full and stretched to the max! My pregnancy related symptoms are pretty minimal at this point.

What I Feel
I'm getting to that point where I *could* start feeling the baby moving, but didn't really expect to feel it until later, since this is my first pregnancy. Starting Sunday of week 17 I would lay quietly and see if I could feel anything. I was pretty sure I was feeling tiny little flutters but then on Thursday I was driving and clearly felt this thump inside. SO cool! Every day it is stronger and stronger. We also got to feel the baby at our last midwife appt. After listening to the heartbeat she was palpating my uterus and found the head and bottom and back, and put our hands on my abdomen and explained what we were feeling. That was pretty cool!

What We're Doing
At our last midwife appointment we got the order for our mid-pregnancy ultrasound! It is scheduled for January 24th. It was soooo tempting to schedule it a little sooner, but I really don't want to feel like we need to question the results, so we're forcing ourselves to wait until the end of week 19. We're SO excited to find out how our little guy or girl is doing... and of course if it's a little guy or girl!

: :

Next baby post: Pumpkin: Weeks 18 & 19

Previous baby post: Pumpkin: Weeks 14 &15

3 comments:

  1. Yaye pumpkin!!! So fun to feel baby move. Everyone told me it would be at least a month after I felt it for Dave to feel it, but it was really only like 2 weeks both times :-) Dave was very patient and determined :-) So hopefully Blake can feel kicks soon, I think that is so fun for dads.
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to feel them move. For the first few days after Claire was born, when she would wiggle in my arms it was like her wiggles were so familiar to me. You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling the baby move is THE BEST part of being pregnant! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. I can't wait until I can rub your belly. (If you'll let me of course :)You are so darn cute pregnant!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!