Monday, March 5, 2012

Same Old, Same Old

If you ever ask my grandpa how he and grandma are doing, his first response is usually, "Same Old, same Old." Now that they're getting a little older he might give a more specific report of what ails him or her, but for a long time thats what he would say and the saying always reminds me of him.

I feel like this has become my answer to that question too. I was lamenting my lack of blog posting and the rut my thoughts are in lately: work, work, work. Same old, same old.

I had to laugh when I played through last week in my mind:

Sunday: very windy, church, take Blake to airport, work (Pendleton), knit/watch Episodes 1 & 2 of Downton Abbey, Season 2, bed.
Monday: very windy, work (school), work (Pendleton), knit/watch episode 3, bed.
Tuesday: very windy, work (school), work (Pendleton), knit/watch episode 4, bed.
Wednesday: very windy, work (school), work (Pendleton), knit/talk to visiting brother, bed.
Thursday: very windy, work late (school), pick Blake up from airport, Bible study, bed.
Friday: very windy, work (school), work (Pendleton), knit/hang out w/hubs, bed.
Saturday: kinda windy. Free. Sleep until noon, run errands, finish knitting project/gift, wrap gifts, go to birthday party for friends' 2 & 5 year olds. Bed.

Notice some themes? This week will look very similar but instead of Downton Abbey it will be something Blake picks, which means he'll be home and there's no birthday party this week. It's still really, really windy which makes my commute less enjoyable (have to actually have both hands on the wheel).

I thought I'd get more sleep with Blake gone because I can usually take or leave watching tv at night, but I knew this was my only opportunity to watch some period British drama for awhile. I did lose a few pounds though by packing healthy lunches, dinners and snacks and not eating after I got home (10:30 ish). It was a little treat that I didn't have to provide food for anyone else this week (Blake made dinner on Friday).

The circumstances that lead to my working extra nights in Pendleton are a little complicated but there is an upside! Blake agrees that with my extra income I can buy a new camera!!! I'll even be able to buy it in time for spring break in Cabo (also paid for by extra income) :). So even though I'm exhausted, I'm thankful for the work and that it means that I'll have a job this summer and a new camera sooner than expected (and an extra vacation). It should only last through March and then I'll go to only four nights or maybe back to three nights a week.

Well, this has turned into narrative tidbits. So I'll throw in a few pictures for good measure. I figure that a random narrative post was better than no post!

The knitting project

No pictures of it actually on the 5 year old though
Driving into Pendleton. Now that it is daylight when I
drive, I've been trying to see what my little camera
can do in manual mode. Not great  but this is the only
redeeming picture out of about 25. I am shooting
through a windshield and while driving after all.
(don't judge me too much for clicking while I drive!)
And my favorite...
This is the playground/field at one of my schools. This picture is actually taken from my phone, but
I just absolutely love the light at the end of the day around there and had to capture it in someway. 
Well, there you have it. Something, rather than nothing!

3 comments:

  1. Same old, same old. :) I can understand that. Excited to see what the new camera can do...and good work on the knitting project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooo excited for you to get a new camera... look what good pictures you are taking already... AND learning how to use manual mode ahead of time... you'll be amazing!! Have fun with the camera search. :)
    I love posts like this. You work a lot. I will now stop complaining about how "working full time is too much and makes me tired." Very impressed with the knitting as well. :)
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture is be-a-UTIFUL! I can't wait for you to use your new camera and get some amazing light pics :)
    And that headband? SHUT UP so cute! I want one, sans flower... hint, hint!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!