Sometimes the light is just so perfect. Everything is lit up with this soft, bright light that makes every blade of grass, building, hillside and horizon look better and magical. Usually when this happens it seems like I am never in the position to stop and take a picture so I'm resigned to just enjoy the moment and the light while it lasts, which is nice too.
Sometimes, though, I can stop and take a few pictures. This was one of those days.
This evening of capturing the light, as fun as it was, resulted in the need for my first attempt at serious Photoshop editing. I liked this little shack, but the only angle I could get had a fence in the way. So I erased it. It was a lot of work! Particularly because my computer didn't have a ton of RAM (yet), which makes it think slower than me in the morning. Here are the before and after files. You are looking at: crop, contrast, highlights/shadows and a lot of the healing brush. That's all I've figured out so far in my trial version of Photoshop Elements.
 |
| Before. Raw converted straight to jpeg (so that we can see it). |
 |
| After |
 |
| Before. Again, raw converted straight to jpeg. |
 |
| After |
 |
| Before. Raw --> jpeg |
 |
| After |
No comments:
Post a Comment
What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!