Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring Break in Mexico

This was a fantastic vacation. One of those vacations that actually felt like a vacation. I returned home fully rested, rejuvenated and refreshed. It was also extra special for the following reasons.

01. Blake and I work a lot. Specifically, in March we worked an extra lot. We were so ready for some extended quality time together. We just love hanging out and that darn work is always getting in the way.

02. We were returning to the same place that we went on our honeymoon, two and a half years ago. I thought we might go back there for our 5th anniversary, but it just happened to work out for spring break this year.

It was so fun to relive our honeymoon a little and so incredible to see how much we've grown since we were there last. We both agree that our honeymoon was magically perfect. Yet, we also agree that our love has done nothing but grow since our magical time two and a half years ago. It is a total credit to God's faithful love and good work in us. Sitting in the same lounge chairs and taking long walks on the same beach really drove home how much greater marriage gets every day when God is at the center of it. We just walk through life a little closer now than we did before. We know each other better and we communicate better - usually with fewer words. Not surprising changes, just more obvious because we were in the same environment but a few years older.

03. Our good friends Jason and Whitney Saura were down in Cabo for spring break the same week we were. Whitney's grandma gave them use of her timeshare as a Christmas present and it happen to work out for us to be there at the same time (different resorts, but not too far).

And now, here are some pictures. Oooh the pictures. I took about 1000 (926 actually) and narrowed it down to about 150 keepers. I'll try to narrow it down even more here ;)

Dinner, our first night

Followed by a walk on the beach. I didn't realize I was doing
this with the lights.. but now I know how to do it on purpose!


These crabs were everywhere!



On a sunset cruise.

The whales really gave us a show!

Sunrise

Early morning fishing

After this picture, Captain Victor told me that I take too many pictures.
Psht. If he only knew.

Blake caught a Yellow Fin Tuna! Mmm!

Relaxing on our balcony




Blake could watch the waves crash all day :)


Whitney gave us a scare and got sucked out into the waves.
She ate some sand and saltwater before making it out okay.

Oops.. here comes a wave!

All safe and sound back on the dry sand.

Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the morning boat picture. I want to be there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fisherman silhouette in the sunrise is perfection! Sell that baby on a stock site :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback :) I kinda thought about using the fisherman silhouette as a stock submission. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!