Saturday, April 14, 2012

Date Night

Blake and I rarely have a traditional 'date night'. We like to make the little things in life special by doing them together when one of us could do them alone. Grocery shopping, for example, is kind of like a date for us. We really enjoy strolling through Costco discussing life. We don't get to spend a ton of time together - two weeknights (and one of those nights is Bible study night) and Saturdays are it really. We occasionally get up for the early service on Sundays, which makes some afternoon time together but I still have to hurry off to work eventually. So just the luxury of curling up on the couch and watching a tv episode is special to us. We like our little routines and just enjoy the moments we have together.

Tonight, however, we went all out ;).

We started in the afternoon with a movie (The Hunger Games movie because Blake just finished reading the book last night), then we went to dinner (Famous Dave's - A guilty pleasure. As much as I try to avoid chain restaurants... man I love their pulled pork!). Next Blake drove us out to a hillside that he'd scoped out before and determined that it would be a great spot to watch the sunset (and he sat there super patiently for an hour while I snapped pictures). After the sunset we went into our favorite local store called Sweet Treat and got some frozen yogurt to bring home and eat while watching an episode of a tv series we're Netflixing our way through (Criminal Minds).

Here are some sunset pictures :). Edited with Picasa, mostly just crop/color/contrast/lighting and some saturation and boost adjustments.

Rattlesnake 'Mountain' ... I think

The view behind us, gotta love the wind mills.






1 comment:

  1. Love that last one. So peaceful. What are those crazy plants in the windmill picture?? Love the contrast between them and the rolling, graceful hills and windmill. Makes for a very interesting picture.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!