Weekend Update or Condensed Tidbits.
We had a three-day weekend with Friday off for both of us. We left for Kelso on Thursday night from my Pendleton job, which made for a long Thursday. Well worth it though. It meant two days with no working and lots of relaxation and catching up. It seemed like it had been forever since we'd been home to see our parents but it's only been a little over a month ago, for Blake's 30th.
Here are the highlights:
- Sleeping in three days in a row - awesome. Maybe even makes up for the daylight savings change.
- Went shopping with my mom and her friend Linda, saw tons of cute spring decorations.
- Quality time with the fam including my parents, my brother Jared and Blake's parents. I wish my younger brother Jordan and his girlfriend Jordan could have come up too! The
boysmen got in many hours of target practice, ammunition reloading and went to a gun show. - Watched the tail end of my 'niece' Ada's basket ball game. Her team didn't win (they were playing 5th graders, and her and her teammates are 4th graders).. but she did score ALL the points that her team did get! She's a pretty good little basketball player, but I hear she's even better at soccer. I hope to see for myself this spring!
- Met my parents' newest farm additions: unnamed baby chicks, Sally the mule, and Shiner and Miss Piggy the pigs (not as new, but I hadn't gone out to meet them yet.. they're huge!). I only took pictures of the chicks.. cause come on, they're so darn cute. But rest assured, soon I'll be hunting for photo opportunities and I'm sure the horse, cows, mule and pigs will fall victim to my new camera.
| Aren't I just too cute? |
- Had a lovely and highly cherished afternoon visit with my dear friend Mary, some girl time with Ada making cookies and some time with the currently under-the-weather Deacon (he helped with cookies too, and enjoyed a fresh batch of my mom's homemade mac and cheese).
- Last but not least... ordered my camera, two lenses (1, 2) and a polarizing filter!! They should arrive on Monday... I can't wait! I've had the camera model picked out for awhile, and I'm 4/5ths of the way through reading the manual :). Just trying to be prepared! I'm still debating what my first picture will be of... I guess you'll find out next week!
ooooh. Very jealous of your fixed lens :) Sooo excited for you to get your camera!!!
ReplyDelete-Lisa
Woo hoo for a new camera. Excited to see what you'll do with it.
ReplyDeleteThe chicks are so cute!!! The kids would love them. Perhaps next time we're up there we can visit together. :-)
ReplyDelete