How I Look
I guess I'm looking pregnant! Twice now people have come up to me and asked when I'm due or exclaimed "you're pregnant!" This surprises me because I didn't expect to 'look pregnant' until later (I'm pretty sure this is helped out by a little well-placed pre-pregnancy fluff that is getting pushed out still). I'm also finally including a 'bump picture' because I guess it's looking like a bump now!
How I Feel
Tired! I thought exhaustion was a first trimester thing, but that's how I've been feeling lately. Always tired. On top of that I'm usually pretty lightheaded in the morning and have really low blood pressure. It generally passes by about noon and then I can move around a little more. Overall, I'm feeling good just lacking energy, especially in the morning.
What I Feel
It's still early to feel the baby move so the only thing I feel lately is round ligament pain from time to time.
What We're Doing
We're working on our baby registry here and there and doing lots of research on car seats, strollers, swings and all those other baby items we'll eventually need. We also got a fetal Doppler and are enjoying listening to the heartbeat and movements whenever we want!
: :
Next baby post: Announced! or Pumpkin: Weeks 16 & 17
Previous baby post: Pumpkin: Weeks 12 & 13

Just got myself all caught up on your pregnancy posts. That is amazing and so great that you got pregnant the first month of trying. God is so good...honoring the planner in you. So excited to watch your journey via blog!!
ReplyDeletePS - I love talking baby stuff so if you have any questions about gear or books to read or my labor/delivery experience just email me. Lisa and I regularly have long email convos about kid stuff. I find it fun. Maybe I am weird ...
ReplyDeleteAha!!! I found them too :-) Took me a bit since they were all back dated. :-) perfect for reading while Attempting To Make Owen Sleep. I also love email chatting :-) Your pre-pregnancy journey sounds very similar to mine although I was slightly less planned, but still with the cycle charting and backdated posts and all that. (Its all on the blog which you've probably already seen). Can't wait for you to find out what Pumpkin's 'parts' look like :-) yay baby C!!!
ReplyDeleteOK now I am away from my non-sleeping baby (who actually is sleeping) and using the bigger computer, on which it is far easier to type, instead of the tablet. So, you look fantastic. Pumpkin is a cute name. :) Pumpkin is due around the time Owen was!! So even though this is your first pregnancy it's giving me flashbacks to last year with my second. :) And... I can't believe you were able to do all that traveling in the first trimester. I feel like death in the first trimester. Way to go!!!! (Now I understand why you haven't been posting much... you HAVE... ;-) ) Also, I am very glad (for you guys) that you revised your plan and kept it a secret. It's so nice to have that special time as a couple and I bet you surprised a lot of people :) We weren't quite as specific as you, but we had said we would wait to have kids until Dave was done with school, and then we totally didn't, so it was fun to surprise people too. (The second one is not as fun-surprising because you get fat ridiculously quickly and everyone can tell right away. Like seriously, at six weeks I had my extremely aphasic and out-of-it patient pointing at my belly and mouthing "baby". Bah.)
ReplyDelete-Lisa
I am so excited for you! You look fantastic. :-)
ReplyDeleteAww you look so adorably cute pregnant!!! I am so excited for you guys!
ReplyDelete