Second Trimester!
This has been an exciting two weeks. We've been telling more and more people and still have a few more to tell. This telling people business is a little agonizing actually... mostly because I make it that way, I'm sure. I'm always worrying about who will be offended if they find out in which order and in which way. There are a few people left that I'd like to have told sooner, but would also like to tell in person. So which would have hurt their feelings more, telling them in a text since a phone call hasn't worked out, or telling them later but in person... and will I ever know either way? *sigh* I'm relieved though that soon it will be out there and all this will be a thing of the past. I have bigger (and growing) things to think about!
How I Look
My belly chub is getting a little more rounded. I felt like at the beginning of week 12 I popped out a little bit. Not in a way that anyone else would notice, but to Blake and I with and unobstructed view, you can tell there's something going on below my belly button. I still don't really look pregnant, which is not a surprise for this stage and first pregnancy. However, it helps me to know that things are changing and even thought I feel a little more fat than anything else, I also appreciate that I can still wear most of my tops and (with some modifications) most of my pants. I'm just savoring these last few weeks of looking 'normal' before I start to enjoy looking pregnant :). Oddly enough, I lost two pounds in my first trimester, and I'm not sure why. However, it seems like a good way to face the weight gain expected in the next six - seven months!
| 12 Weeks, posing for our Christmas card picture |
How I Feel
Still pretty good overall. Oddly enough I've been a little more tired these weeks, but I'm contributing that to holiday busyness and too many late nights in a row. A friend loaned me a full body pregnancy pillow which has been amazing. I didn't think I'd need it really for awhile, but tried it out anyway and have been getting much better sleep since then. My joints feel better, I don't wake up as much at night when I move around and I wake up with fewer headaches in the morning.
What I Feel
Still nothing aside from the occasional and quick 'round ligament' pain.
What We're Doing
We met with our midwife at the end of week 13. I had been anxiously looking forward to this appointment. Anxious, in part, because I didn't know what to expect, but mostly because I really want to hear a heartbeat and I know that isn't a guarantee at this stage. Well, I'm happy to say that we heard it! Our sweet little Pumpkin was really hard to find and our wonderful midwife was patiently persistent in finding him or her until we got a read. Hearing it put a big smile on our faces. It was also fun to hear Pumpkin move around as she tried to find him/her. Now we're reading through the packet of information she gave us about what to expect through the months, and all those tests etc that we have the option of doing (which we aren't). I'm still just trying to eat healthy during this time of sweets and trying to get some exercise... however, I must confess I'm not nearly as good about that as I was in the previous 11 weeks.
: :
Next baby post: Pumpkin: Weeks 14 & 15
Previous baby post: Pumpkin: Weeks 10 & 11
No comments:
Post a Comment
What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!