Thursday, May 24, 2012

Slow Cooker Ham Steak

I found another great slow cooker recipe that I thought I'd share. (The last one I found was from my friend Julie's blog, Slow Cooker Oriental Chicken - also fantastic and easy - try it!) I'm always looking for the kind that you can just dump in the ingredients, turn it on, and go. This is one of those recipes. It has been a very busy week and this was the perfect dinner to come home to.

Slow Cooker Ham Steak (source)

Ingredients:
1-2 pounds ham steak
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
3 cans green beans

Directions:
Combine garlic powder, salt, pepper, brown sugar, vinegar, water and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.  Poor a little in the bottom of the slow cooker.  Place the ham in and dump any remaining mixture over the top.  Drain the green beans and add them to the crock pot.  Cook on low for 10 hours.

My changes:
I used fresh garlic and I added fingerling potatoes - whole. I also put the green beans and potatoes in the bottom and the ham on top, but the ham got a little dried out. I think next time I'll put the potatoes on the bottom, ham in the middle and then green beans on top.

It was so delicious!! Sorry no picture, maybe next time ;) I was too busy eating it!

3 comments:

  1. That does sound good! I kinda forget about ham steak but I recently ran across a great ham and potatoes recipe. So easy and tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried your recipe + and - a few things. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try it. T-10 hours and counting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your recipe because I was looking for a different way to make ham steaks. It was very delicious! It was our first meal in our new home. Thanks for sharing. God Bless

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!