Saturday, February 11, 2012

Update

About eight months ago, I made a list to try to organize my head. I've thought about that list a few times, but until today I've been to afraid of the failure to look back at it.

However, in the name of procrastination from mundane housework, I'm willing to face my fear of failure and see how I've fared on my list.


Goals/Projects (Not in any particular order, written June 17, 2011)

  1. get up earlier (In-progress. Off and on I've accomplished this, mostly out of necessity for work)
  2. go to bed earlier (Met. I've definitely gotten better about this, save the occasional late weekend night)
  3. have longer quiet times everyday (In-progress. Still working on this, always working on this)
  4. have more purposeful prayer times everyday (see above)
  5. finish the three four five innumerable crochet projects I've started: bath mitts, sweaters, slippers, hats, socks etc. (Partially Met. Of those listed, I finished the bath mitts, several hats, and frogged the socks so I could knit them. Sweaters are still in progress, as are about two hats and a blanket)
  6. finish the two knitting projects I've started: lace scarf, hat (MET and Exceeded! Started/finished a pair of socks and started another pair of socks and a couple of head wraps. I have almost no time for knitting/crocheting these days so it's a good thing I set this goal low).
  7. start the millions of knitting and crochet projects I have queued. (In-Progress. I've started a few of them!)
  8. make more time for reading (Met! YES! I've definitely done this!)
  9. join a book club (Met and exceeded. Not only joined, but started a book club blog. It's been really fun. You can check it out here)
  10. start using a weekly menu plan (Unmet. Near fail, I did this for three weeks but haven't managed to do it since)
  11. grocery shop once a week (In-progress. We've been a little better about this in general. Also see above)
  12. use up produce before it goes bad (Met. I have been better about this, specifically during the three weeks, but even after, we've been better about using up veggies, or not buying them)
  13. make my own bread every week (Fail Not Met. HA! This lasted about 2 weeks several months ago. I still have hopes for this though!)
  14. grind my own flour for said bread (Partially Met. I do grind my own flour for most things, even if I'm not making bread)
  15. make as many things homemade as possible (In-Progress. I still try to do this, but only with certain things, since I'm not home very much)
  16. maintain a sourdough starter for longer than one month (Partially Met, On hold.. I did maintain it for longer than a month, but just barely. When we went on vacation.. it died.)
  17. take better pictures (In-progress. I've started to do this, at least within the limits of my current camera's manual settings and capacities. I've learned tons about light and shutter speed and aperture and ISO and still have tons to learn. Someday I'll get a DSLR and will really get to work on this goal)
  18. stay on top of my garden (Discontinued. eh.. our garden didn't really give us much to stay on top of, but Blake was primarily in charge of keeping it watered, pruned, picked etc.)
  19. go to the gym 3x/week (Unmet. Once a week max.)
  20. be content with my job (Partially Met. Well, I have added a job and am content with it. I will be happy to be done with it when I can though. I am certainly more content with the job I wrote this about. It's really not meant to be a full time job, so doing it part time takes away undo pressure and makes it much more pleasant).
  21. be a better friend (In-progress. Negotiable. I've made efforts though)
  22. call my mom more (In-progress. I've made an effort to try to text/call her more and I feel like we keep in touch better, although still not as much as I think she'd like)
  23. blog consistently (Variable progress. Weeeell, I've had my moments.. but lately this has not been the case.)
  24. be an effective witness for Christ (In-progress. I have made concerted efforts to be more bold in this and to think about how my actions/words affect my witness.)
  25. do all things without complaining or arguing (Fail In-progress. In some areas I've gotten better. On a day-to-day basis, minimal change.)
  26. use my time wisely (In-progress. Having less time certainly makes me use what little time I have more wisely, more often.)
  27. patiently endure until we are financially ready to _____ (insert long-term goal here). (Patiently... hmm. In-progress.)
  28. plan the activities for our trip to Australia (Met)
  29. listen to the every sermon/Bible study recorded from our pastor (Unmet. I've been absorbed by audio books and rekindled (no pun intended) my love for reading.)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that was a lot of goals and its only been 8 months. I think you are doing great, my 6 measly little 12 mo goals didn't happen. :-) lets just be glad no one's writing a progress letter on us. :-)
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how I can tell you are a speech therapist by the way you talk about goals you've written for yourself! I agree with Lisa - that is a lot of goals!!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!