Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Love,

Blake. Today you are 30. Today you enter the decade that will hopefully bring us children, maybe a house, very likely life on a single income and certainly a million unforeseen obstacles. Today I am more in love with you than I ever thought possible.

I can't believe I married that little red-headed boy that I met at the fair 17 years ago. You were so cute then, but you are so handsome now. What a man you've turned into!

I doubt you'll ever read this letter, but I'll write it anyway. I want to put in writing how much I appreciate you. You never complain, do you realize that? It's as if your calm, easy nature was designed to balance me out. You are such a provider.

Oh, how I love you. How often I thank our God for you and the blessing you are to me. How many ways you surprise me with your thoughtfulness and sincerity. How little these words can do to express what my heart feels for you. How sweet you are, dear husband.

What a joy it is to spend my life with you. What a joy it is to be lead by you and to be your helpmate. What a joy it is to grow in the Lord together. What a joy to be on this journey with you. What a joy you are.

Happy birthday, my love.

2 comments:

  1. This made me tear up, and that's not an easy thing to do with me! So beautifully written and expressed Jill. You really did land yourself a good man. Happy Birthday to my favorite cousin named Blake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet, Jill!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!