We knew going into this contract that there would be some sacrifice. We expected to lose some
What I didn't expect is that we'd let our lunches go out the window. I usually make sure Blake has an
SO.. in order to make it as easy as possible to grab a healthy lunch, or easier for me to make Blake's the night before, I did as much of the prep work as I could, tonight. I know this is kind of like bragging.. but I just had to share my handiwork :)
| That's a whole watermelon there, and a Costco container of grapes! |
I made up some salad kits, including dressing.We really like homemade dressing. It's so easy! We bought these little cups at Cash & Carry, mostly for convenience and for portion control. It's a little wasteful, but helps my sanity to be able to throw this one thing away instead of washing another plastic container.
| Just start with a TBSP of oil (I use garlic infused olive oil usually, or plain olive oil), a pinch of salt and a grind of pepper to taste. |
| This is key: Dijon mustard, or regular mustard, or mayo but mustard has fewer calories than mayo. Any of the three help keep the dressing together and act as an emulsifier |
| Next add some seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, a pinch of rosemary or whatever you like/have. Then add a TBSP of your favorite vinegar. Blake likes balsamic best, so I do that. |
| I love having a stocked fridge! All I need to do is add meat and there's seven salads, and plenty of easy to grab, healthy snacks! |
| A few veggies too, and we love our cottage cheese! |
I sure hope that this helps our lunch habits! There's nothing like feeling ready to take on the week!
Here's to happy eating!
WOW that is impressive! Love it!
ReplyDeleteUm... this is a little too impressive. You even made your own dressing :) I might be slightly inspired. And overwhelmed. But mostly inspired.
ReplyDelete-Lisa