Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bellingham Visit

Bellingham is close to my heart. Some of my favorite adult years were spent there. Bellingham is where I became my own and owned my faith. I had some great years there as an undergraduate student at Western Washington University, as a believer fed by Campus Christian Fellowship and as an outdoor enthusiast in one of the most beautiful places in the Northwest.

We were brought back to Bellingham this weekend, officially for a wedding, but also because I'd been wanting to go back for a visit for quite some time.

We didn't have as much time for running around as we'd thought and the weather wasn't exactly outdoor exploration kind of weather. So we stuck to the campus and I got to show Blake my old stomping ground.


Old Main (several years) post ivy removal.

Red Square 

The new (much stinking cooler) CSD dept. and
University Speech & Hearing Clinic

Where I spent my two years of on-campus living.


The wedding was gorgeous, but chilly. They had it at a winery - outside - on a drizzly Saturday. The rain held off  long enough for the ceremony and the reception was inside a large tent. It was one of the more meaningful messages I've heard from a pastor at a wedding. I hope that the couple heard those words, but I know they will scarcely remember it. Maybe they have video.

Speaking of video, you've got to see the video of the ring bearer keeping himself occupied during the vows. Probably the cutest thing I've seen in a long time! It's pretty short but you get the point.

I've never uploaded a video before, so hopefully it works.


Here are some pictures from the wedding:

Not a great shot, but what is a story about a wedding
without a picture of the bride and groom.

I wish my snapshot could do the scenery justice.

It was a pretty cute wedding :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness that ring bearer is just about the cutest thing ever! He's got some good moves!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!