Thursday, May 19, 2016

Seven Months

I really did take pictures on April 25th, when Harrison turned 7 months.. I promise! The same day I also took some newborn shots for my friend and then a few days later I took some pictures of my newborn niece. I got the newborn pictures edited and shared and that used up all my computer time until now.

I can hardly even remember what Harrison did just before turning 7 months. We had a six month check up and he was in the 80-something percentiles for height and weight. He weighted 17lbs and 6oz. He just started sitting up for over half a minute, but continues to be pretty unsteady and usually ends up arching his back and losing his balance. This kid is a roller! Emerson didn't roll at all but he gets himself all over the place by rolling. I don't think he actually intends to go anywhere. We've tried putting all the toys in one corner of the rug and him in another and he looks at them, tries to reach them and then gives up, yet eventually he'll roll around and play with whatever he finds, book basket, shoe, carpet fuzz and oh hey, a toy! I've been a little lacking on videos, so here's some laughter:




Harrison is still very much my happy, sweet boy. Wakes up happy and goes to sleep pretty easily. He LOVES to put everything and anything in his mouth but doesn't quite seem ready for food yet. He is still my blankie boy and loves his mommy. He also loves to watch Emerson and continues to prioritize socialization and staying alert to any possible noise or movement in the room over eating and sleeping. I still have to take him to a different room if I actually want him to eat. His sister is losing patience for that (which makes mommy lose patience).

I am just treasuring every moment with him, because as usual, this first year goes so quickly. I'm excited to see what will develop as time goes but I'm in no hurry for those thighs to slim down or those cheeks to melt away. I'm soaking in every smell, every smile and every moment to sit and cuddle (even if it means his sister is stamping her arm up in the next room...).

Aaand pictures.









This sequence cracks me up

Trying on cute hat

Baby realizes cute hat is on his head

Baby does what babies do with hats

Puts hat in mouth


He doesn't look as tired of pictures as he was ;)


He's just so sweet and patient with her (if babies could actually be patient)

I left them at storytime to go get some books and I get this picture in a text.
First time sitting! Daddy said he balanced for 45 seconds.

There was some adult foot support here, under the water.. but they both love their baths.

Helping me do laundry

We sure do [Love life]

I love this picture of her. It's just exactly Emerson. Messy hair, real smile.
She was so proud to be taking pictures of us. She's getting pretty good.
She took this picture <3 a="" and="" few="" focused="" it="" less="" like="" more="" td="" that="" were="">


And several like this.
And since you made it to the end, another video. This cracks me up (wait until the end).. it's classic Harrison.. just easy going love bug.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!