I love love. I love us. I love him. (and of course we both love her!)
This year we didn't travel far, but we did get away for a little family celebration of our five year anniversary. And what a needed retreat it was. Life has been busy. Full and fun but distracting. We really needed the time away together to unwind.
We were so blessed to be able to use Blake's boss' lake cabin in Hayden, Idaho. It was the perfect distance for a weekend getaway. We had great weather and enjoyed the water so much! As refreshing as the beach can be, my soul is fed by lakes and woods. It's where I feel at home.
In addition to time on the water we went into Coeur d'Alene for an afternoon and strolled through Art on the Green and went out to dinner at a Brazilian restaurant (a.k.a. the 'meat parade'). We enjoyed seeing all the vendors, loved dinner and just missed the sudden and fierce thunderstorm that rolled through during our meal!
What a great weekend it was! Here's the proof ;):
| Getting ready to kayak! |
| Her first kayaking trip! I kayaked a lot in college and LOVE it, so it was fun to share this with her. |
| She loves the water. We call this: 'Splash and splash' |
| And splash she did. |
| She also loved floating and kicking |
| Our anniversary dinner (aptly timed during nap time) |
| Gorgeous night |
| Evening stroll on the dock with my loves |
| Checking out that owl |
| This girl loves her bacon and eggs! |
| Blake rocking the paddle board. We've been wanting to try this forever! |
| It was so fun! |
| I loved it. I went out pretty far (eek). I did get a little over-confident and tried to turn too sharp going too fast.. needless to say, I ended up falling/jumping in! |
| A paddle boarder in the making. |
| We did some floating together too. |
Lake life is the good life for sure. I need to go kayaking more and really want to try paddle boarding. Congrats on 5 years! A great accomplishment!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend getaway for you and your family. Connections are the best! I love the picture of Emerson on her back loving the water. Congratulations!
ReplyDelete