My aunt and uncle on Bainbridge Island have an annual 3rd of July party on their waterfront. The city across from them does fireworks on the 3rd so it's a pretty complete evening. Blake and I realized though that we were lucky to get away with bringing a little one. She was pretty happy to sit and play with rocks until bedtime but next year would probably be a different story and more than one kid... seems highly unlikely! We enjoyed ourselves while we could though!
| Getting ready.. the first time she discovered my make up bag. |
| Just doing a little cleaning! She looks so little here! |
| This was how she spent the evening of the 3rd :) |
And Happy 4th of July. We celebrate with lots of food, swimming and a horseshoe tournament! Most of which I don't really participated in ;). This 4th was much more enjoyable than last year in which everyone but me held my tiny new baby. This year I either welcomed the break or enjoyed watching her splash and play.
| Watermelon eating water babies. These two were inseparable from the water and from the melon. |
| Meeting her step, second cousin, born about three weeks after her. |
The evening of the 4th, we introduced her to sparklers! She thought they were pretty cool and her facial expressions cracked me up! She was pretty good until the end when she started waving it wildly. Eek.
| Getting a little wild |
| Already asking for another one before this one is done. |
We were home for a whole week and at some point (I can't remember which day) our good friends the Beasleys came up!
| Feeding the Chickens |
| These sweet big kiddos are dear to me, I watched them a ton before college and during breaks. I love seeing them with my girl :) |
| On my porch swing, one of my favorite places. |
| Visiting the animals. |
And a few random photos from the rest of the month...
| Gotta love those shades. |
| Popped collar and top of pop. |
| Another afternoon at the lake |
No comments:
Post a Comment
What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!