Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sweet Tooth Tuesday

I'm not promising that I'll make this a weekly thing.. but I saw that title on another blog and I thought it was cute :). You might hate me for this.. but I have to share a little treat I discovered.

Single serving brownie in a mug. Bam.

I had the craving, thought there had to be a recipe, googled it, and had a warm brownie in my mug ten minutes later. Here's where I got the recipe.

It's so easy it is dangerous!

Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 Tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 dash salt
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4 Tablespoons flour

Directions:
1. In a coffee mug mix butter, water, vanilla, and salt. Mix well.
2. Add sugar and mix. Add cocoa and mix. Add flour and mix.
3. Microwave 60 to 90 seconds. Allow to cool slightly before eating.

I've been making it with 3 Tablespoons of sucant instead of sugar and whole wheat flour to make it feel a little healthier.  Even with those changes it is still delicious, heavenly and rich. I also add a pinch of espresso powder, to bring out the chocolate flavor more. The first time, I made an unhealthy one for Blake and he approved that too (but on our second indulgence he agreed to whole wheat flour) :). Normally I try not to use the microwave because it kind of kills nutrients in food, but I'm not sure there's much to kill here!

The batter, just before getting zapped.

Steaming, right out of the oven microwave

You can see the fiber of the whole wheat.. see, it's practically a health supplement. 

3 comments:

  1. You're giving me a whole new reason to love Tuesdays!!! But yes single serving desserts are especially dangerous, even more so if they're quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I just might have to cave and get a microwave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah this sounds incredibly dangerous.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I love hearing from you!